Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What happened to rear lights with a clip? It's all straps and mounts these days
  • bounce

Been looking for a couple of cheapish rear lights since I gave my spare one away to a needy person the other day. But they all seem to mount onto the seat post or use a strap. What’s happened to the simple clip mount?

A clip means I can attach the light to my trouser back pocket on the way back from the pub or slide it into the mount on the back of my Osprey pack. Has worked for me for years. And the limited non-sliding part on my MTB dropper post is usually taken up with a clip on mudguard.

The only ones I can see online are the ultra cheap ones that I’ve bought before and often don’t work at all from new. Any suggestions for half decent rear lights with clips?

submarined
    Free Member

Lezyne Zecto drive has one 🙂

Splash-man
    Free Member

I bought a cheap Phaart rear light from On One for £2, lasted me over a year so far. Just bought another one as a spare.
    It comes with the post mount that I have on my road bike then I clip on my Osprey bag when out on the MTB.
    Light

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    euanc
    Free Member

These are the most popular lights we sell, have had very few back too so they seem pretty robust:

http://www.madison.co.uk/products/cycling/accessories/lighting/lava-super-bright-micro-usb-rear-light-with-qr-bracket-black-with-red-lens/

They have a clip on the back as well as the mount.

dovebiker

Moon Pulsar – COB rather than discrete LEDs means it’s a lot brighter too.

bounce

All good, thanks!

CraigW
    Free Member

You can buy a Cateye belt clip. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cateye-c1-belt-clip/

mrblobby
    Free Member
    stumpy01

dovebiker – Member

Moon Pulsar – COB rather than discrete LEDs means it’s a lot brighter too.

I recently bought one of these after my Lunar R2 bounced off down the road never to be seen again.

As long as you are happy with AAA’s, rather than a built in battery, it’s a great light & the clip is sturdy & grips well.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Plenty on the Bay for peanuts from China

Some are cheaper than the cost of a battery here!!

simondbarnes

Have a look at the Cateye Wearable X. Properly bright, clips on, usb chargeable.

bounce

Thanks to all, On One got my cash for a couple of Phaarts and a Smart Lunar.

Re the Bay, there’s plenty there but no cheapish ones that obviously use clips except the aforementioned unreliable ones (in my experience only) for £1 or so.

Waits to be proved wrong rapidly… 😀

antigee

As long as you are happy with AAA’s, rather than a built in battery, it’s a great light & the clip is sturdy & grips well.

very happy with AAA’s can pack some spares and at a push buy some – pretty unhappy that a very big proportion of good lights are USB charge and only fit on seat post – guess that is the market so will have to live with it…tis’ fashion and will change

pyranha

Topeak Redlight Mega has a clip, which fits to the bracket which itself fixes with a rubber band. I got it so it can go either on the seatpost bracketor on my wife’s Topeak rack pack, if that’s on the bike. Not fantastically expensive- runs on batteries (rather then being rechargeable) – not sure if that’s good or bad (good for touring, I suppose, if you’re not going to be near electricity for a couple of days).

bullandbladder
    Free Member

The Aldi Moon Nebula clones have a clip mount included.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What happened to rear lights with a clip? It's all straps and mounts these days’ is closed to new replies.