Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • What happened to my for sale posts?
  • badbod99
    Free Member

I just listed 3 items for sale, an Orange Patriot, set of Reverbs and an On-One carbon fork, and they seem to be gone from the For Sale board.

Any ideas what’s happened there?

woody2000

Did you follow the rules?

Classified Rules

badbod99
    Free Member

Apparently due to it being 3 posts, they were ALL removed.

So now I need to re-write it all! Great 🙁

jam-bo

more than two posts on the front page and they all get deleted.

VanHalen

is it a patriot frame?

badbod99
    Free Member

Patriot complete bike

bigyinn
    Free Member

Why 3 ads? Surely 1 ad for 3 items would be easier?

If you want to save yourself typing, simply copy and paste your ad text (including any code) BEFORE you post it into a word doc and save that locally then you can just copy and paste it into a new ad next time.

footflaps

more than two posts on the front page and they all may get deleted.

Very rarely enforced.

badbod99
    Free Member

In this case, they all were. All legit posts. Had to re-type.

Cougar

Very rarely enforced.

Always enforced, actually. If it’s not, it’s because we’ve not seen it and no-one’s reported it.

Had to re-type.

Or you could’ve asked us nicely for a copy, of course.

cp

All legit posts

But they weren’t!

dbcooper
    Free Member

You could have responded nicely by telling the seller to sort it out before just deleteing them.

Cougar

You could have responded nicely by telling the seller to sort it out before just deleteing them.

And the seller could’ve read the rules nicely before posting.

I take your point and appreciate that it might seem harsh on the face of it, but in all seriousness, that’s just not practical. If we entered into a dialogue with a poster over every rule infringement and got involved in manually tidying up everyone’s adverts because they couldn’t be arsed to read the guidelines, we’d achieve nothing of consequence and we’d have done nothing else all day.

On the rare times that a poster has asked nicely for a copy of the advert, it’s been provided. I don’t have figures to hand but it’s an insignificant number compared to the volume of posters who either respond with an apology or are rude about it.

Leku
    Free Member

Always cut and paste the text into a word document. Makes reposting much simpler.

But gate – shut – horse – etc..

soobalias
    Free Member

looks a lot like an advert in the chat section now too

🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

Doesn’t this thread break the rules as well? 👿

dbcooper
    Free Member

we’d achieve nothing of consequence and we’d have done nothing else all day.

Fair enuff.

Cougar

Just skimmed back through my emails. I’d hazard that we action around ten “multiple adverts” reports a month.

Looking back as far as February, the replies have been: two apologies; one ‘thanks, I didn’t know’; one denial of any wrongdoing; and one poster who saw fit to call us a “heretic” for deleting them. No, me neither.

Kryton57

we’d achieve nothing of consequence and we’d have done nothing else all day.

Isn’t this the very reason STW exists?

DezB
    Free Member

Looking back as far as February, the replies have been: two apologies; one ‘thanks, I didn’t know’; one denial of any wrongdoing; and one poster who saw fit to call us a “heretic” for deleting them. No, me neither.

And one starting a thread having a right old whinge?

jam-bo

so what happens if you stick with the rules and only have two posts, and then an old post gets bumped back up onto the front page….

woody2000

Classified posts don’t bump

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

They removed the bump feature from the classifides soon-ish after the hack/new forum, stops discussions and people saying stuffs arrived from bumping them back up.

Still think the FS/WTD should be one page though.

jam-bo

so how does the classifieds ordering work?

because it appears to be mostly random.

geoffj

so how does the classifieds ordering work?

Chronological order innit?

DezB
    Free Member

Chronological order

I thought it was just last one first.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

you deleted my three for sale ads last month . i respect that, its your job.

Cougar

It really isn’t, but thanks.

bearnecessities

Would be entertaining if more than two posts on a page get deleted, on any of the forums 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    It really isn’t, but thanks.

But… ? Then.. who…?

Squidlord
    Free Member

one poster who saw fit to call us a “heretic”

Perhaps it was an ad for an ISIS component?

spooky_b329

Do the hamsters not offer a ‘merge’ option?

On the forum I run, I tick the threads to merge, give it a new title and in the ‘optional message to poster’ tell them why or where they’ve been moved to.

Just as easy as deleting. By not telling the OP why the posts are deleted, I’d wager that a fair few just repost the same multiple adverts (which possibly slip through the net)

nbt

Most of the moderators have “proper” jobs. Moderating this forum is somehting they do on a voluntary basis just to help out

konabunny
    Free Member

Perhaps it was an ad for an ISIS component?

Very good!

DavidB
    Free Member

Why are the mods unpaid given they spend so much time dealing with the ad complaints that pay for the site and carefully curating the content that attracts the punters?

stevied
    Free Member

Why are the mods unpaid given they spend so much time dealing with the ad complaints that pay for the site and carefully curating the content that attracts the punters?

The ones who usually ignore the rules are the ones who come one every now and then (normally classifieds only users) to post a few things for sale in multiple ads.

franksinatra

Why are the mods unpaid

maybe not financial reward but think of the emotional reward that is gained from having the big power stick and the ability to delete posts. Can’t put a price on that type of authority 😉

Coyote
    Free Member

True. The opportunity to hold the Ban Hammer is indeed priceless.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘What happened to my for sale posts?’ is closed to new replies.