• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by aP.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • what happened to all the exciting ice lollies
  • lakesrider
    Free Member

never one to pass on the chance of eating an ice lolly, it got me thinking about the ones i knew as a kid today as i scoffed a magnum from the ice cream van.

When i was a kid in the late 70’s and 80’s you could get all sorts of different lollies, in fact it seemed like every month new ones were out, and you were hard pressed to have enough pocket money to try each one. But now the average selection is a mere shadow of years gone by… even trying to track down a cider refresher is a difficult task these days! What happened to all the cheap tacky lollies you could get????

Just found this site with 3 pages of lyons made gaudily wrapped retro lollies, a real trip down memory lane of summer hols as a kid!

http://kzwp.com/lyons/group2.htm

unfortunately i never managed to sample the best sounding lolly ever – the Lolly Gobble Choc Bomb (March 1974) 🙁

EDIT: And another thing, what happened to jokes on the sticks?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I blame Thatcher….

lakesrider
    Free Member

Damn that steel hearted cow, she ripped the heart out of the kids ice lolly industry too!

crikey
    Free Member

And another thing, what happened to jokes on the sticks?

They got old, just like we did… 🙁

thegreatape
    Free Member

The ice cream van at the boating lake at Nottingham Uni still sells scrumpy and lager & lime flavour ice lollies.

aP
    Free Member

The very small ice cream van trailer on Ranmore Common last week had Cider Refreshers, nice too – although I was a little tempted by a Juicy Lucy. L had a 99 with Flake.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘what happened to all the exciting ice lollies’ is closed to new replies.