Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What happend to IRC?
  • soma_rich
    Free Member

The tyres that is?

I used to love Mythos XC and just got some lovely Piranha Pros second hand cheap.

Do they still make tyres?

bigdawg
    Free Member

im still using my 'race only' tyres from around 1998, mythos slicks and xc (2.1 front and 1.9 rears), but Im now down to my last 2 pairs of each – not sure what Ill do when theyve gone, best tyres ive ever used…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

dito, must have the tyre equivalent of the tangfastics dusting in the tread, just seem to work incredibly well. Got some part worns ready for the singlespeed.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

amen. i once had three sets of missiles – the final set finally died two years ago 🙁

psychle
    Free Member

still available in the States aren't they? That's where I got some Seracs from last year anyway… good tyres 🙂

bigdawg
    Free Member

jensen have some in wire – £4.95 a tyre and £20 shipping!!!!

might be worth a bulk order

Skoolshoes
    Free Member

J E James have a few front tyres left. Here

cynic-al
    Free Member

Were they not ****?

Skoolshoes
    Free Member
    bigdawg
    Free Member

nope…

only ever used these for racing over the last ten years or so and never had a problem…

cookeaa

I have a “Tamshi DH” hung up in my garage bought it a couple of years ago, the first proper UST tyre I tried, it weighs a whopping 1500g odd, built like a brick shithouse though, I swear it’s the closest thing to a run flat tyre you can buy for a bike….

Still chuffing awesome tyres though despite the weight…

Not seen them available for a while now, perhaps the all conquering influence of Maxxis has killed them off…

soma_rich
    Free Member

I really dont get on with Maxxis. Love the tread patterns but always ripping the sidewalls. Never have any problems with any other tyre run at the same pressure ridden in the same places.

I think Spesh tyres are best value for money and design at the moment.

PrinceJohn

Soma Rich do you the exception series? The sidewalls on them always go at the mere sight of a rock.

cookeaa

I think Spesh tyres are best value for money and design at the moment.

+1 I'm using Eskars and Captains at the minute, love them; cheap, grippy, tubeless compatible, good weight, perfect….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What happend to IRC?’ is closed to new replies.