Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • what happend to frames that have been replaced under warranty??
  • crazy-legs

A friend of mine has a couple of “warranty” frames. Frames which were returned to the manufacturer as faulty (lacquer issues) but which basically are fine. The manufacturer replaced the customers frame with a 100% one but the old returns were sold off at trade to staff, family etc.

Bottom line is they were fine bar minor cosmetic issues, no point in perfectly good carbon fibre being used as landfill.

It’d be worth checking with Specialized, give them the frame number and make sure it wasn’t part of a stolen batch or warranty. The guy might be legit (maybe staff?) or he may have got hold of a load of stolen or sub-standard frames…

renton
    Free Member

Cheers crazy legs.

just want to make sure im not riding somthing thats stolen !!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

As I said in your other thread I reckon these are being sold without specializeds blessings by either a spec or lbs employee. Not stolen but not wholly above board and if spec find out the sellers income streams may dry up…

Dibbs
    Free Member

I recently had a replacement frame from Marin/ATB sales. They sent my LBS an XC8 frame to replace my old single pivot Rift Zone frame. The LBS cut the bottom bracket shell (complete with frame number) out of the old frame to send back to ATB sales ans gave me back the frame as an ornament.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘what happend to frames that have been replaced under warranty??’ is closed to new replies.