Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • what hair clippers/all over grooming type thing?
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

hello, fellow baldies.
    for the last 20 years or so, i’ve used a pair of wahl clippers once a week to go all over my head/face (eyebrows aside), with no guard on, as my routine, but the clippers are heading towards their retirement so i’m thinking it’s time i got a replacement. What’s good these days, considering dudes apparently put more effort into their appearance now? i don’t want any daft craig david type mega-styled beard lines all over my grid, just continuing my own personal ultra stylish look. a new set of wahls? i’m thinking cordless too- any recommendations?

binners

The Dropper post of big baldy bonced mens haircare

In that you’ll wonder why you ever bothered with ‘normal’ clippers, and why you hadn’t bought one of these years ago. Other clippers are designed for other people to use on your head. This you just rorm all over your own. Its a veritable revelation! 🙂

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i did wonder about that kind of thing tbh. is it any cop for shaving face as well though?

mark90
    Free Member

Wouldn’t want to trim ‘down there’ with one of those 😯

DezB
    Free Member

I use this one to give myself a grade 3 all over, it is designed for DIY use –
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4441586.htm

Binner’s one looks far easier to use, but maybe isn’t as versatile…

(When I say “all over” I mean me ‘ead. 😆 )

binners

You also get a smaller pair of ‘normal’ cordless clippers included in the kit, which are ideal for your face, or should you feel the need to shave a Nike logo into the back of your head

philxx1975
    Free Member

“The Dropper post of big baldy bonced mens haircare”

Are absolute crap might be great for doing under the Jewish skullcap but can’t reach your neck or around your ears

Whahl clippers do the job simples

beefheart
    Free Member

Unless you have a perfectly spherical head, that Babyliss thing is absolute dog shit.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Andy, I juts use my normal safety Razor ( meeker one I think?), and just make sure I use a lot of shaving cream..

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Wahl cordless all the way. Best I’ve ever used and and only £45 now Wahl clippers. The battery seems to last forever – I do my head once a week and they do at least 5 weeks before recharging

DezB
    Free Member

Unless you have a perfectly spherical head

So binners is a South Park character??!

beefheart
    Free Member

He must be.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I use a couple of things depending on time and whether I want super close shave.

Have a search for skull shaver bald eagle. Its a US thing but designed for shaving all round your skull. pretty good.

I use a razor in the shower for a really silky smooth close shave.

I have also just started using the phillips one blade which is pretty good.

carlosg
    Free Member

I always used a set of £15 Wahl clippers and never had any complaints but before my last birthday when asked by the brother in law what I wanted I asked for a new set. He gave me a Phillips headgroom they’re cordless which means I don’t need to be near the socket while hanging over the bedroom bin while shaving my head and the shavers head can be spun 360 degrees to attack my bonce from any angle. I get about 5/6 shaves per charge and I’m really happy with them.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

good work gents, that phillips thingy looks like it could be what i need.

beefheart- that’s actually not that far from the reality of binners’ being. in a number of ways, not just head shape…

acidchunks

I’ve got an earlier version of the phillips thingy that only does 180 but its still loads easier than using actual clippers. Also does a good job of hacking back the facial overgrowth to acceptable stubble length

rone

The babyliss unit is great. Easy to use. Happy with mine.

simondbarnes

I have one of these… http://www.boots.com/en/Remington-HC4250-Quick-Cut-Clipper_1710962/

Works really well. I paid about half that price.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I’m pleased with this one.

http://www.lookfantastic.com/babyliss-pro-v-blade-lithium-clipper/10870448.html

I paid about £60, not the £100 rrp.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘what hair clippers/all over grooming type thing?’ is closed to new replies.