Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What Grease and Grease gun for a 5 spots bushings?
  • renton
    Free Member

Picking my new to me 5 spot up tomorrow off of funkrodent and was thinking of giving the bushes a lube up !

Can anyone recommend a good grease to use and also where can i get a gun to fit the zerks fittings?

cheers

Steve

greeble
    Free Member

manitou prep m is the one Turner used to sell and recommend to use.

this grease gun is great as it screws right on the prep m tube

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/dualco-grease-gun-top-id20199.html

dickie
    Free Member
    renton
    Free Member

is tere much difference between the two and why have they changed the preffered grease ?

granny_ring

Not sure what the newer 5 spots are like for greasing but my HL one needs a long needle also to get to the grease point behind the shock. The turner ones were curved but you can you the long needle one, just unbolt the shock one end to get to it.

Got a longer needle from billys

here

greeble
    Free Member
    granny_ring

I think prep m is harder to find now?

I think I read on here that Turner say you can use vaseline as well…?

greeble
    Free Member

straight from Mr Turner himself

We switched to the super lube instead of MPrep for 2 reasons. First, the Motorex made MPrep went up again in cost. Second, the MPrep was a sticky stringy mess and I was tired of not being able to wash my bike without using degreaser to clean the frame around the pivots. The performance is great, almost as light as the original MPrep which was a Maxima product and that helps it purge.

DT

campfreddie
    Free Member

vaseline does the trick very nicely indeed.

for the grease gun, get this – http://www.evanscycles.com/products/dualco/grease-gun-ec005503

assuming you have a DW Link 5-spot, you may then need to find a long needle nose end to attach which you can then bend with a pipe bender to reach the all the zerks.

with a HL frame, you can reach all with the standard nose end, by simply releasing the top shock mount

rc200f8
    Free Member

An old Pace grease gun with long nozzle & Pace RC7 grease has worked for me for 8 years

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What Grease and Grease gun for a 5 spots bushings?’ is closed to new replies.