Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What GPS/Pooter/Cadence/HR/Meterthing
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

I want it all, I want it all, I want it all and I want it now.

In a bike computer. Basically want a unit I can use for tri/training that has a cadence meter on the back for me turbo doings and can come with me for run. If it can come for a swim with me too that the icing on the cake but might be asking too much.

What do you reckon does such a marvel exists or should I get a big ball of string and a stop watch?

njee20
    Free Member

Any of the garmin Edge series except the 200 for best on bike functionality, or the Forerunner series if you want to prioritise the swimming an running stuff. Need to check which Forerunners have ANT+ for the sensors though.

SamB
    Free Member

Garmin 920XT. The 910 was good, the 920 is better – navigation is now usable, the multiple profiles are extremely handy for multiple sports (I’ve got run, track run, OW swim, pool swim, bike, triathlon, skiing) and the wireless connectivity is just icing on the cake.

Full lowdown here: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/11/garmin-forerunner-920xt-depth-review.html

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mj27
    Free Member

I have a forerunner 305 from my fell running days that I now have working on the bike with a speed/cadence sensor (GSC-10) and the Garmin heart rate strap.

All wireless, ANT+ I think

So I get all you ask except the water resistance but you can get newer garmin watches that will do all you ask and switch between the activities easily.

rob2
    Free Member

Garmin fenix 3. £320 with hrm from winstanleys at the mo. Has multi sport option for tri.

Only downside is you can’t load a background map on it like you could on a fenix 2. For that you need an epix.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Cheerd all,

Mmm, can get a bit spendy this lark. Looking at the 310XT I think.

What’s with the garmin monopoly, is it a license on the GPS system or something?

mogrim

The Forerunner series if you want to prioritise the swimming an running stuff

Some of the older FR series (the 110 and 210 for example) aren’t fully waterproof, only water resistant.

Other options are Polar or Suunto – I’ve got one of the latter that will do all that, although it’s definitely spendy. Also bear in mind any watch is not ideal on a bike – the bike models have better placed buttons and larger displays. Watches are obviously more useful for running, though!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What GPS/Pooter/Cadence/HR/Meterthing’ is closed to new replies.