Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What GPS battery recharge pack.
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Not a great title I know.
    I am after one of those battery packs that you use to charge things like a GPS when mains power isn’t available. I am inclined towards one that use AA’s as they are “unlimited”. Not sure if the ones you charge will do more than one recharge of the Garmin. Shed loads of the latter out there from 8 quid at the petrol station to 50 quid plus. any recommendations?

dannybgoode

I got the Anker 13000

Simply brilliant. Nice size (slightly bigger than a packet of fags). Can charge 2 devices at once at lasts ages.

I charged my iPod touch twice, Nintendo 3ds, kindle, and phone a couple of times before it needed feeding again.

Well built and good value for money at £20.

13000mAH is a happy balance for me between size, weight and capacity. If you don’t need the power then the Anker 5200 will still do a phone and a Garmin with a tad left over for emergencies.

There’s a reason why the Anker range are best sellers across Amazon and all get 4.5-5*-they’re bloody good.

Cougar

AAs will last about five minutes.

Anker are very good, as above. I’ve got a Powergen one which has been faultless.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I have that one – as it allows through charging – not all do . – i use it as a smoother for my cycle2charge/dynamo hub

If its a garmin edge you may need an adaptor or fancy cable to charge it when in use. Portapow make cables or adaptors to stop them going into “data”mode.

Over all the system works well .

Without the dynamo it charges the garmin every night for a full week of riding 12 hr days .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What GPS battery recharge pack.’ is closed to new replies.