Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What Gold Rated Lock? (Cheapest)
  • GSuperstar
    Free Member

I keep by bike in my house so if people get in I’m sure a lock won’t scare them away, but for insurance purposes I need a Gold Rated Lock for my bike while in the home.

Where’s the best place to purchase?

Thanks.

Tebbalot
    Free Member

I just bought a Kryptonite Evolution 4, it’s a pretty hefty and strong looking lock although not quite as chunky as the fahgettaboutit.

I got mine from evans but got them to price match it to £30.99
    Just have a look on google for the cheapest price for a lock you like, then get them to match it 🙂

GSuperstar
    Free Member

I suppose £30 in the grand scheme of things isnt bad really.

Might pick up a Kryptonite 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    project
    Free Member

Dont forget something to anchor it to, like a steel palte bolted to the wall, also a rape or panic alarm connected with fishing wire is a good idea, fix the alarm up high so its not seen,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yale-Personal-Attack-Alarm-Keyring/dp/B001UE9TU2

mrlebowski
    Free Member

You want to speak to these guys..Almax

dobo
    Free Member

i have a kryptonite mini evo 13mm u lock and do not believe its sold secure gold, it is a great dlock for mobile use though.
    i also have a onguard brute which has 16.8mm u lock which is twice as heavy and awesome lock and great value, they also do a onguard bulldog mini which is the equivelent to the kryptonite and also great value but again not sold secure gold.

if you need sold secure gold just get a krypto fagetabout it and erm fatetabout it..

so to sumarise best d locks kryptonite
    best value d locks onguard
    best chains almax or something from torc ancors

there are other excellent locks available but this is a brief summary afterall..

GSuperstar
    Free Member

I wont be needing an anchor for the bike, literally the only stipulation is that I have a Gold Rated lock on my bike. It’s only really going to be in the house when I am, which is fully alarmed. Rape alarm etc is not needed.

Pauly

Masterlock do a gold rated D-Lock that you can get online for about £25.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Pauly – Perfect, just what I’m after and at a cheaper price 🙂

Thanks for the help everyone.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What Gold Rated Lock? (Cheapest)’ is closed to new replies.