Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What Glue to Stick Sole From Walking Boot Back On?
  • davemcc43

I have some Salomon walking boots that the sole has fallen off of and I’d like to stick it back on as I just use them for standing in muddy fields rather than technical hiking so don’t feel the need to spend £150 on new boots.

What’s failed is a layer of spongy adhesive that filled the space between the sole and boot, joining the two together and presumably offering a degree of shock-absorbtion.

Traditional boot/shoe glue won’t work as I need to fill this gap but I need a strong adhesive that is still flexible when it sets. I’ve had a search of ScrewFix/eBay and can’t see anything suitable so I thought I’d ask the Singletrack Hive Mind….

Thanks in advance.

DAVE

annebr
    Free Member

how thick a layer was the “spongy adhesive”?

could try something like Sikaflex

davemcc43

The spongy layer is probably about 6 mm at its deepest.

It’s basically got old and is now crubling away.

DAVE

natrix
    Free Member

Shoe goo should do the trick

grim168
    Free Member

My meindle’s did that. Got ’em repaired and resoled at http://www.lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk/ They did a cracking job.

Klunk
    Free Member

+1 shoe goo

davemcc43

Thanks all.

I don’t think Shoe Goo will work however.

Due to the loss of the foam layer the ‘boot’ and ‘sole’ don’t meet there for I need something to fill the gap and glue the two together.

DAVE

spooky_b329

Take both boots to a cobblers. They’ll fix them and it won’t cost much.

boblo
    Free Member

Gorilla glue? It’s a PU foamer so should fill the gap. I’d test it first to make sure it doesn’t melt the existing foam.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What Glue to Stick Sole From Walking Boot Back On?’ is closed to new replies.