Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What glue for my AM 41 shoe soles
  • danjthomas
    Free Member

Not gonna buy more of them as they ain’t cheap. My sole needs glueing on my am41 shimano shoes.

Crocodile bike shoes….

What glue and where can I get it without shopping online. Immediately fix needed.

danjthomas
    Free Member

I lied they are am 45s but hey…

getonyourbike
    Free Member

How old are they? I had this, sent them back and got a new pair. Then gave up with them and got something better- Mavic Alpine XLs

Hareydan
    Free Member

My mate fixed my snowboard boots with wilkinsons contact adhesive recently. He was patient and followed the instructions properly (ie waited 10 minutes after applying so it went tacky before sticking the two surfaces together), which I probably wouldn’t have done. Worked though, it held the bits he’d glued so strongly the rest of the boots fell apart around them 😳

patriotpro
    Free Member

Use some gutter sealant.

joelm76
    Free Member

http://www.bournesports.com/shoe-goo-repair-paste-black.html

this stuff works well, used it on bike and rock climbing shoes.

nickdavies

2 part epoxy, don’t use araldite use devcon 5 minute.
    Mine have lasted longer stuck together than they did before 😉

nuke

I just used Evo Stick ‘Serious Glue’ on my Shimano shoes…have held up fine ever since and that was about 9 months ago

jonk
    Free Member

Seamgrip works wonders – fixed many a shoe for me

mrelectric

+1 for shoo-goo. My kids use it for coating their skateboard trainers. Local key & shoe shop sold me a tube for £5 which was good.

coatesy
    Free Member

Local key and shoe shop did my Sidis many years back, put a few staples in too for good measure, the rest of the shoes died, but the soles stayed on.Prices will have gone up, but seem to recall it being around the £6 mark.

jonba
    Free Member

I would have gone with a contact adhesive or 2 k epoxy’amine

qwerty
    Free Member

I used ShooGoo to glue some cut up mtb tyre to the sole of my sons trainers, worked well.

gibber

+1 for ShoeGoo – follow instructions properly (clean and roughen surfaces) and it seriously sticky. Still going 4 years later on some Sidi’s.

Probably not good to breathe in the fumes though…

natrix
    Free Member

+1 for ShoeGoo

nixie

I used ShooGoo to glue some cut up mtb tyre to the sole of my sons trainers, worked well.

Sounds like a good use of old ultra tacky tyres on flat pedal shoes to extend life.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What glue for my AM 41 shoe soles’ is closed to new replies.