Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What gloves?
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

Need some new gloves, preferably not too expensive and fairly durable. And not too hot in summer… Any recommendations? Ive had 661 comps, first ones lasted well but newer versions seemed to fall apart quickly.

matther01
    Free Member

My 661s fell apart after about 3 months…not impressed. Bought TLD Airs and they’re brilliant. Into their second year, nice and breathable, the palms are excellent (plenty thin but durable) and come in loads of colours. Are a bit more expensive…and are really difficult to find in the UK at the moment. You can get them from the continent though for about €30 inc postage. Actually with current exchange rate I think I’ll by another pair now! Lol

satchm00
    Free Member

I’ve given up on the one pair to do it all. Like you say, just fall apart. Been through many 661’s myself.

I use these when its a bit nippy or wet,

http://www.sealskinz.com/UK/gloves/dragoneye-glove

Been brilliant so far but I wouldn’t wear them in the summer. Having dry hands makes for a much better ride this time of year.

I usually get a few pairs of 661s end of season when CRC discount them to a tenner or less. I’ve always found they only seem to last a year before they start to rub but then they are pretty cheap and the material is thin. Worth thinking about if you ever see them discounted. Not like they have use by dates!

I have had Fox gloves in the past, didn’t get on so well because the velcro strap kept coming undone after a while.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

2015 Troy Lee xc gloves are ace, a big improvement on the previous ones.

Euro
    Free Member

2015 Troy Lee xc gloves are ace

I thought the older ones were great. Have a new pair to try when it warms up a bit. But yeah, Troy Lee XC.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Sounds like Troy Lees are the ones to look for then. Will see if i can find a decent price on a pair.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Is there size guide accurate?

Northwind

For summer I love my Fox Sidewinders- the last model was rubbish but the current ones are lovely, and durable too. Very glovey.

stevied
    Free Member

Very happy with my POC Flow gloves. I found some on sale for about £22 a pair so bought 2 pairs. Lightweight but with enough padding.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Not sure on the size guide.

I use XL, but tried my original pair in my lbs.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

I got some full finger Alpinestars from CRC. They are very comfy, not too hot and so far have lasted very well.

warpcow
    Free Member

I used to think TLD XCs were best until I tried the Airs.

qtip

Another big fan of TLD gloves here

akira

Always found specialized enduro gloves to be very good and pretty durable.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Managed to find a pair of TLD xcs pretty cheap on ebay… cheers for the suggestions!

mboy
    Free Member

Used most of the above, thought they were all pretty good (especially the Troy Lee XC) until I tried these…

They’re Ergon HX2’s for anyone that hasn’t come across them before, and they’re easily the most comfy gloves I’ve ever used! Give some a try, they’re not excessively priced either.

Oh, and size wise they seem a little tight at first, but don’t be tempted to size up when you buy, as they stretch to fit very quickly.

Superficial
    Free Member

I’m a bit of a glove whore, I’ve got about 10 pairs and the 661 Raji are my favourite recently. Full on minimalism MTB gloves, really thin palms and lots of holes in the back to let air in.

I’m looking forward to some warmer weather so I can wear mine again.

smatkins1
    Free Member

I usually just pick what looks good and is reduced on CRC.
    Current TLD ones are great, last fox pair just fell apart.

wrecker
    Free Member

Forgot my sidewinders recently (been using them forever) and had to buy some TLD XCs (only ones the shop had). They are excellent, I won’t be going back.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What gloves?’ is closed to new replies.