Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What gloves?
  • squeezer
    Free Member

Boring question – sorry? What gloves is bestest for long all day XC rides? Don’t need waterproof but must be well padded. Thanks.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Troy Lee XC. Get your padding from grips.

tony07
    Free Member

Never got on with troy lee fit. Royal gloves and 661 seem to fit better. Giro are surprisingly comfy too

jam-bo

Poc index air are great but minimalist glove. Suprisingly tough too.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Dakine gloves have been the longest lasting of all the flimsy xc ones I’ve bought.

wiggles
    Free Member

Troy lee, air for me.

Although be wary of ones on ebay, bought one pair and they seems pretty shoddy quality and came in no packaging etc.

Then bought some from a shop and they are 100000x better and quite different in terms of material and quality so seems there are knock offs about.

matther01
    Free Member

Troy Lee air for me too. Lasted more than 12 months so far…a first for me.

binners

Padded gloves? Nah. Horrible things! Troy Lee or Sombrio’s FTW

I’ve got 2 sets of 661’s – Comp and Descend – both comfy, fit well and have lasted a few years with no sign of wearing through/coming unstitched. The Comp’s are a little sturdier looking.

lunge

Specialized Ridge for me,

kimbers

those above are mostly right when they say no padding but I find that having padding on the outside of the palm- the ulnar nerve region? makes a big difference to comfort on long rides

like the padded bit in this glove

nicko74

Another vote for Troy Lee. Old style SEs for me

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Spec BG are a nice range for padding. As for choice the ones that feel best when I try them on.

hugh_b
    Free Member

Troy lee xc for me, i’ve got a few sets, 2 of which are around 2 years old and still look as good as the day i bought them. Just purchased a set of the newer style xc gloves so hopefully these will be just as durable.

sumomatt
    Free Member

Endura Full Montys for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What gloves?’ is closed to new replies.