Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What glove/grip combo to keep your hands blister free
  • juan
    Free Member

Right-y-hoo

I have just spend the whole week in molini di triora with [][] riding with guests at rivierabike and even though I had a fabulous time, I am sure the SO is likely to give me a massive bolocking due to the state of my hands.

I have two big lumps of dry/hard skin just before the fingers, and lets face it it's horrible and painful.

So what do you people use to avoid such matter?

Cheers

foxyrider
    Free Member

Formaldehyde or surgical spirit 🙂 And I bet some will say MTFU but thats no my style 😉

I am proud of my calluses on my hands and its due to biking BTW 😉

What he says down there \/\/\/\/

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

any gloves that fit well should stop you getting blisters!

rootes1

moisturiser etc

mangatank
    Free Member

That's my take on it. A good pair of gloves should prevent this problem. Get along to your LBS and try on a pair of Specialized gloves.

Used these for years (along with Spech BG gloves) and never had a problem:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=39256

nicko74

mm… dunno about the gloves comment. I've worn Specialized BG ones, 661 gloves and my latest set are some Troy Lees, and I get blisters with all of them. Tbh for me I think it's the grip – a combination of Yeti Hardcore grips and a wrinkle in the glove means I always get blisters by the ring finger of each hand. But I see it as a cool biking injury*

* I do work in quite a boring environment…

druidh
    Free Member

MrCrushrider – Member

Todays top tip.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"two big lumps of dry/hard skin just before the fingers"

I get them too, just from riding lots. But they are callouses not blisters and they don't hurt. I just pick them down a bit when they get too big.

I like my gloves close fitting so they don't rub. And they have thin split leather palms which absorb sweat well. I have 3 pairs of 661 comps for summer use.

The non-locking gilled grips I use on my HT are much comfier and gippier than the ODIs on the FS. I like locking ones because they're easy to take off, but the locking rings add harshness. I don't have any real problems with the little bit of grip-spin on non-locking grips TBH.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have two big lumps of dry/hard skin just before the fingers, and lets face it it's horrible and painful

Juan, is your surname Kerr? If so Mr Juan Kerr I suggest you wear boxing gloves to prevent blistered palms 😉

Adrian

juan
    Free Member

But they are callouses not blisters and they don't hurt

Well mine hurt, underneath the callouse. Glove fit, well they use to but as soon as you sweat indie they stop fitting. I have tried most of the most reputable brands (fox, tld, dakine, race face and thor) and most strech or get bigger 🙁

DT78
    Free Member

When I was looking for gloves years ago someone told me the way to see if they fit well is to put your hand in the shape of gripping the bar, if you can see wrinkles in the palm then they are likely to rub and cause blisters.

661's are okay on me, speedstuff horrible, Spec ok – sombrio foresensics are fanatastic, on my third pair now.

If your hands are getting really sweaty try out the lighter gloves like 661 Raji

Nonsense
    Free Member

Lizard skins charger lock-on grips. Wear a set of knitted mittens if you want, those grips won't hurt your delicate mains et doigts. Oh and MTFU 😉

chiefgrooveguru

I have a similar problem. No problems with my winter gloves which are Pearl Izumi Cyclone with thick gel padding on the palms, but with my summer gloves which are ancient Specialized mitts (with no padding on the palm save a curious bit near the heel of my hand) I get callouses on the bits of palm just below my little and ring finger and they're getting quite uncomfortable. I told myself to MTFU some time ago but despite the callouses getting thicker and tougher if they're getting more rather than less painful.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Become a builder?

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

i've recently started using these…

with these …

very very comfortable and they are lock on, but only at the inside end.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What glove/grip combo to keep your hands blister free’ is closed to new replies.