Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • What global warming?
  • iolo
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0BzItCPk5j4#t=12[/video]

It must be true. She seems such a nice lady.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Liberals in the lamestream media @ 11 seconds

Its getting colder for the last 10 years Oh lord she cannot grasp a graph or weather v climate.

She is a loon and the US vote for her and her god fearing anti science ways.

CountZero

Our climate is doing what it’s done for millennia; we’re in an inter-glacial period, nobody knows with any degree of certainty how the climate fluctuates between ice-ages, and no-body knows at all just what triggers one, or what ends one. Just look at the records from the 13thC through to the 18thC, the programme on telly the other evening about violent weather shows just how variable it’s been just in the last hundred years or so.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Kill me now.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Our climate is doing what it’s done for millennia;

I think we can all agree this is new territory here for the planet as only a fool would argue that is it natural for our planet to have a petroleum based economy with the resultant C02 surge in a such a short period

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Junkyard, you will be banging your head against the wall more than you were in the Gaza thread.

TooTall
    Free Member

only a fool would argue that is it natural for our planet to have a petroleum based economy with the resultant C02 surge in a such a short period

Don’t you dare bring sensible comments like that to the table.

GrahamS

Never mind global warming, what’s going on with her neck??

Definite alien skin suit if ever I saw one.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Also with the security risks associated with the current energy model with nations reliant on some of the worst in the world to satisfy their demand for oil, gas and coal perhaps the most foolish would be those left clinging to a carbon based economy when it runs out rather than being the early adopter of something new, cleaner and in the long term significantly cheaper.

finbar
    Free Member

nobody knows with any degree of certainty how the climate fluctuates between ice-ages

and no-body knows at all just what triggers one, or what ends one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/abrupt/data3.html

Also:

http://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar5/wg1/

zokes
    Free Member

Yep. CountZero in tedious trolling tedium.

Either that, or he’s genuine and zero is actually about as far as he can count without using his fingers.

nickjb
    Free Member

Can we squeeze this in:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQlHaGhYoF0[/video]

Lifer
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/cjuGCJJUGsg[/video]

ahwiles
    Free Member

“Jonathan Powell, forecaster for Vantage Weather Services, said…”

well, if Johnathan Powell, forecaster for Vantage Weather Services, said it, then it must be true total bollocks.

edward2000
    Free Member

The question is whether or not anthroprogenic influences have affected the climate, not whether or not the globe is warming (or cooling) as this has happened since the beginning of time (almost).

Drac

Never mind global warming, what’s going on with her neck??

GrahamS

Don’t worry, it’s on its way…

Ahh the Express Weather Doom.

I wonder how it feels knowing that you make your money by unnecessarily frightening the gullible, the vulnerable and the old?

zokes
    Free Member

The question is whether or not anthroprogenic influences have affected the climate, not whether or not the globe is warming (or cooling) as this has happened since the beginning of time (almost).

No, it’s not. We have the answer to that. The question is what we’re going to do about it and how we’re going to adapt.

Your question was the question about forty years ago.

finbar
    Free Member

No, that isn’t the question. There is consensus amongst scientists in all relevant fields. I refer you to the link I posted earlier in the thread:

http://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar5/wg1/

EDIT: Sorry, Zokes beat me to it.

GrahamS

There is consensus amongst scientists in all relevant fields.

Well… all fields with the exception of oilfields 😀

finbar
    Free Member

Very true GrahamS, there are a few geology profs who actively disagree with the IPCC assessment. It’s (not) surprising how many of them are retired 🙄

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientists_opposing_the_mainstream_scientific_assessment_of_global_warming

ninfan
    Free Member

FFS, get with the programme, the Earth is still warming, its just that its unexplainably started warming in a different way that we can’t reliably measure and don’t have any form of instrument record to compare to!

hot_fiat

I suspect my boss would vote for her. But then, she thinks Reagan was a liberal.

zokes
    Free Member

Again. Tedious troll is tedious.

finbar
    Free Member

FFS, get with the programme, the Earth is still warming, its just that its unexplainably started warming in a different way that we can’t reliably measure and don’t have any form of instrument record to compare to!

Are you being ironic? If not, I give up.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Blimey….all thos Daily Express front pages and only one pic of Madelaine McCann and none of Princess Diana! 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

back again (waves to Zokes) is T-**** on STW now?

zokes
    Free Member

Swear-filter got you Mike (so no idea what you were saying). But yes after two months on holiday in the UK with better things to be doing than arguing with strangers on the internet, my life does seem to be returning to ‘normal’.

And I thought I’d broken the habit too….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep can’t remember what I was swearing but I was wondering if Tony Abbot was now on STW (he rides a road bike a lot after all)

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

there are a few geology profs who actively disagree with the IPCC assessment. It’s (not) surprising how many of them are retired

Which means they are under little commercial, funding or peer pressure to agree with the ‘on-trend’ message…

crankboy
    Free Member

My brother is a geologist and works in oil exploration, the peer pressure and big money is to rebut man made climate change.

The problem is that ain’t where the data takes you . logically it is very hard to understand how extracting millions of years worth of stored carbon and pumping it in to the atmosphere whilst at the same time destroying a massive percentage of the forrests that produce oxygen would not have some impact on climate.

I do love the climate change is a financially driven hoax zombie argument.

Can we do Gallello was a lone voice speaking against the orthodox view next.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Can I add in the “wgaf cos we’ve had our “go” and who really cares about the future of our species on a conscious level anyway” argument?

Feel better now.

zokes
    Free Member

but I was wondering if Tony Abbot was now on STW (he rides a road bike a lot after all)

It would certainly explain one or two of the more moronic rabid right-whingers

Junkyard
    Free Member

I do love the climate change is a financially driven hoax zombie argument.

Everyone knows that 35 years ago the bearded tofu weaving tree huggers were all powerful and wealthy against the weak, impoverished and quivering petro chemical and car industry. It is no real surprise they bullied them with pretend facts

I am relived we still have unqualified right wing truthers to help point out how wrong science and facts are.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘What global warming?’ is closed to new replies.