Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What glass cleaning product to remove a white bloom?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve been buiding a garden pavilion with some recycled bus shelter glass. A couple of the panes have a white bloom that is on the surface, possibly as a result of water having been trapped between the sheets as they have been stored outdoors.

Is there a glass cleaning product that will remove this bloom?

Edric64
    Free Member

Is it limescale? try the stuff for cleaning shower screens

Swelper
    Free Member

I find washing powder to be a very effective cleaner of soiled glass, worth a try i suppose

Note: if you have any cuts on your hands you will know about it, stingy

bruneep

I’ve been buiding a garden pavilion with some recycled bus shelter glass.

Really? You must post up some pics so we can follow its progress.

something like this.

I use it on my hob funnily enough with a blade scraper and it polishes up dandy.

maccruiskeen

If its bus shelter glass it might have some sort of laminated on/ fired on coating to make it less graffiti-able or self cleaning or some other technobunk.

If its some sort of film it might have absorbed trapped water – let it sit for a while and see if it clears, going at it with anything abrasive might make things worse rather than better.

Edric64
    Free Member

I clean bus shelters for a living and staining is usually limescale .I use a windowcleaning scraper blade to remove this ,its like a razor ,dont use a stanley blade as they scratch the glass.I dont clean any shelters with coatings on .Such stuff exists but would be to expensive once the local feckless neds have smashed a few panes

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Edric 64 No niche is too niche for STW.

.I use a windowcleaning scraper blade

Do you have a pic of one of these.

bruneep

doubt it will be limescale in Fife, unless the glass was imported from doon sooth.

http://www.windowcleancentre.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?ProductID=156&SectionID=22

cynic-al
    Free Member

ONE WORD:

project
    Free Member

Handfull of scrunched up newspaper works well and recyle it after use.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What glass cleaning product to remove a white bloom?’ is closed to new replies.