Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • What gives you the hebegeebees?
  • CountZero

Looking over the edge of high drops. And more oddly, watching other people (esp loved ones) looking over the edge of high drops. Must be some sort of empathy test.

This. While in Chamonix I and a bunch of other bikers went up to the little cafe cabin overlooking the Bosson Glacier and several walked along a path to an overlooking point. I followed, but went the wrong way, realised and turned around.
    And looked down a steep, smooth rock face that disappeared out of view through the trees. I just froze, like Cougar on the jetty, and like him I had to sit down and work my way back on my bum!

Oh and the witch puts the loo roll on its holder so that the paper is against the wall

People who do that should be made to repeatedly drag their fingernails down a blackboard.
    For days.

Oh god.

Attempting to write with a pencil that is so blunt the wood on the outside of the lead scrapes along the paper, or even worse a bit of the lead has broken and fallen out and you just have the pointy wooden shroud around the lead ‘writing’.

Oh god even writing it made me grind my teeth.
    I really, really wish you hadn’t posted that up…

Kuco

johnners I cut the tip of my finger off using a mandoline while making coleslaw 😳

njee20
    Free Member

The idea of breaking teeth, or other people breaking teeth. Broken bones? Fine! Injections, blood loss… no issue. Knocking your tooth out? Nope nope nope nope

gowerboy

Parasitic worms… Roundworms in poo, moving tapeworm segments or the thought of tapeworms… Yuck.

hodgynd
    Free Member

That **** of an opera singer on the go compare advert ..always change channels when he comes on.
    My worst nightmare would be that he would be on every channel simultaneously..
    In terms of advertising I guess you could say that it has worked ..but I hate the fat bastard so much that I would never ever use that comparison site ..
    Also following my 14 year old son down trail centre singletrack now that he has lost his fear factor ( says he sitting here with broken ribs after an otb :lol:)

breadcrumb

I can beat that. I once strimmed a slug in half. Before I realised with horror what I’d done, I thought it’d started raining because of the splashes on my face.

I once foolishly used a strimmer whilst wearing shorts.

Inside-out slugs all over my legs. Bleugh.

+1 for tape worms.

Also puffer fish freak me out. And jelly fish.

milky1980
    Free Member

Similar to nails on a blackboard, nails running along smooth cement floors. Really annoying as I don’t know why and the floors in work are polished concrete!

avdave2

The idea of breaking teeth, or other people breaking teeth

Many years ago my youngest daughter was having an operation on her lip. The young boy in the bed next to her was in as he’d had his two front teeth rammed right back into his upper jaw in a see saw accident in the park. That really made me come over all a bit wobbly when his mum explained what had happened. Teeth were successfully retrieved though.

Bunnyhop

Maggots. Especially if they appear in a cupboard. Aarrgghhh 😯

findo_gask
    Free Member

Omfug.

But seriously… vertical sided, dark, cold, manmade water features: flooded quarries, canal lock gates, that sort of thing. Wonder if it was those scary public information vids of the 80s that did it?

SaxonRider

The idea of breaking teeth, or other people breaking teeth

It is on this basis that I refuse to watch American History X.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Cotton wool. Totally and utterly freaks me out. Apparently its a thing..

singletrackmind

The One Show theme tune – muzak .
    I cannot physically change the channel fast enough when the pompous trumpet blasts start.

somafunk

That advert where the guy dresses up in denim shorts, high heels and struts down the street, think it may be an advert for “more than”, dunno why exactly but it really gives me the creeps and freaks me out.

donald
    Free Member

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘What gives you the hebegeebees?’ is closed to new replies.