Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • What gigs have you all got coming up?
  • 13thfloormonk

Black Angels on the 9th October

Black Keys on the 28th October (dubious about this one, their last two albums have been a bit weak)

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club 6th December.

Might even squeeze Black Mountain into that lot 😀

I can't understand the ridiculous prices some of the bigger bands now charge – total rip off.

I'll happily pay up to £20 for a gig. It seems good music is going the way of the bike trade, people love the product but seem incensed at the though of anyone making any money out of it…

nickc

Last gig I went to a few months ago was £9.00 for 3 bands. Airship, The Baddies, and Joy Formidable. Incredible value for money

diggers
    Free Member

I quite fancied seeing Grinderman but decided 27 quid for a Wednesday night at the academy1 in Manchester was taking the pi$$.

jackberesford
    Free Member

muse with biffy clyro support at wembley on saturday, cant wait!

beaker

Fun lovin' criminals in Salisbury- Tonight, B'day present from Mrs Beaker.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

just got back from my first festival and I've got the bug. It's whetted my appetite to make more effort to see bands.

Looking at Broken Social scene in November, Modest Mouse in October and a few more.

undecided about Arcade Fire, the wife didn't rate them when she saw them in Nottingham a few years ago

missing underworld because of work and the I love techno festival in Gent for the same reason for the fourth year in a row. it's on my birthday every year as well

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

+1 for The Pogues in Sheffield in December. Pretty sure last year's tickets were less then thirty quid each, but it's The Pogues, so still worth it. Taking the kids to see Dr Who live in Sheffield next month – I know I shouldnt admit it, but I'm really looking forward to it.

muggomagic

muse with biffy clyro support at wembley on saturday, cant wait!

Damn you. I'm going Friday and it's Lily bloody Allen. They do have big pink beforehand on Friday though.

yamyamblade
    Free Member

barnsley mitch – I know and it's the last time there touring as well,might have to seeing as nothing else much catches my eye in the area upto Christmas

toby1

Have fun to at all those, biffy are great live, as are Alexisonfire, Therapy? I feel for them that they are having to play a back catalogue album, but they got older and got less 'urgent' I think is the word.

Mine are less rock and more pop – sorry:
    Two door cinema club – figured I'd give them a run out, about £10 per ticket.
    Lissie – seen her a few times this year and as she'c oming to Cambride thought why not – £12 a ticket.
    Paramore (present for the wife) about bloody £35 a ticket – but popularity allows you to bill plenty for tickets – it's only money!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

yamyamblade – you'll regret it if you dont go, and as I presume youve been to their previous christmas gigs, you know how good they are. I'll get the first round in !

verses

Therapy? I feel for them that they are having to play a back catalogue album, but they got older and got less 'urgent' I think is the word.

To be fair, I saw them play their latest album last year, they still produce new material and tour regularly.
    Troublegum's recently had an anniversary and there's been quite a few bands doing similar gigs of late. I saw The Wildhearts play Earth Vs last year 🙂 but missed Sonic Youth doing Daydream Nation 🙁 Wouldn't have minded seeing Iggy and the Stooges doing Raw Power either!

I'm pretty chuffed to be seeing them do Troublegum as I missed that tour first time round.

FG
    Free Member

Loads! Got tickets for the following.

British Sea Power – Dundee
    Manics + BSP – Aberdeen
    Joy Formidable – Aberdeen
    Delays – Aberdeen
    The Family Mahone – Aberdeen
    The National – Glasgow
    Divine Comedy – Aberdeen
    Arcade Fire – Dublin
    Pendulum – Aberdeen

Will probably go to a few more in Aberdeen (Errors/Twilight Sad, Frank Turner among others) if I get my act together.

Northwind

MOGWAI!!1!!!11

Also Against Me, but mainly to see Crazy Arm and ****ed Up.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

thanks FG, you can add British Sea power to my list now

DannyLeigh
    Free Member

Avenged Sevenfold and Stone Sour – Birmingham

🙂

CountZero

Not as many as I'd like, Stars in London last week was good, and Friday there's The Like in Oxford, and Wolf Parade on Saturday in Bristol, then Goldfrapp in Bristol in November, with a possibility of Blonde Redhead in London the end of the month, and Cheap Trick/Blondie in London in December.

DezB
    Free Member

Damn you. I'm going Friday and it's Lily bloody Allen

Lily Allen supporting Muse. Bar will be packed! Muse taking the mick out of their fans?

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Agree with Diggers – grinderman bit expensive for the Academy(manc's)

pulled Apart By horses (liverpool)
    Jimmy Eat world / Minus the bear (manc)
    Godspeed you black emp (manc)
    oceansize manc)
    mogwai (next year ) get your tickets early !!
    Still undecided about the wedding present ??? Bizarro is awesome

Northwind

"Margin Walker – Member

Godspeed you black emp (manc)"

Hah, I should get my ex a ticket for that- we went to see them in Glasgow, I couldn't understand why she wanted to go as usually she's only into metal. Turns out the ticket was printed
    GODSPEED
    YOU BLACK
    EMPEROR
    and she's a big Emperor fan :mrgreen: She was not happy.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

+1 for H17
    And +1 for Goldfrapp, back to playing the Academy, I quite like the Colston Hall Gig,

THL possibly – they're supposed to be touring in support of first new album for 10 years – £30 though!

Plus Hurts, Joanna Newsom and 'local bands'

Sadly not now 'Ou Est Le Swimming Pool' (tho I saw them supporting La Roux). As mad as their name suggests, lots of energy, great live. Their front man killed himself a couple of weeks back after an incident at a gig…

RIP Charlie Haddon

yunki
    Free Member

xavier rudd
    arrested development
    dreadzone

I saw a nice dj set from one of the lemonjelly guys at a private party this weekend just gone..

john_drummer
    Free Member

not going to any AFAIK but I am playing 3 between now & christmas

I'd like to go see New Model Army on their 30th anniversary tour but the closest they come to me is Nottingham, and I can't do that weekend due to (a) work and (b) 2 weddings in Newcastle & Scarborough on successive days
    🙁

Townfox
    Free Member

Off to see pendulum in December in Newcastle

Before that going to Newcastle Acadamy to see Detroit Socail club, new up and coming band who have support oasis and kasabian, only £8.50 a shoy as well..

Also if you all can download a friend of mines new single just released yesterday, available on itunes, amazon etc.. search for "Tiny Giants" only 69p a shot!!

gozarch
    Free Member

Therapy? I feel for them that they are having to play a back catalogue album, but they got older and got less 'urgent' I think is the word.

'Having' to play a back catalogue album isn't really the point. It's their 20th anniversary this year, so why not celebrate in part by playing their best ever album? I saw them play Troublegum at Sonisphere in July and they were great as ever, as they have been on every tour I've seen since Troublegum 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

Also if you all can download a friend of mines new single just released yesterday, available on itunes, amazon etc.. search for "Tiny Giants" only 69p a shot!!

we came up against Tiny Giants recently on a local radio show; 3 songs, a bit of each, the audience votes on the one they want to hear in full. TG won, well done to them, it was a great song. I'll go do a search now…

Danno72
    Free Member

Grinderman (Hammersmith)
    Black mountain with Black angels support (shepherds bush)
    Black keys with The walkmen support (Brixton)

Had tickets to see PIL in Oxford last month but missed out as I had major surgery 2 nights before….BUGGER!!! Quite happy to pay the prices for tickets but hate having to pay shite booking and transaction fees. Even worse when they charge to print your own tickets, WTF?

BillMC

Hugh Masakela at the Warwick Arts Centre in November

lagerfanny
    Free Member

Going to see Chevy play their 30 year reunion gig on the 22nd Sep 8)

plumber
    Free Member

There certainly seems to be a lot of shit music to see these days 🙄

FG
    Free Member

mrmichaelwright – Member

thanks FG, you can add British Sea power to my list now
    You going to the Doghouse gig as well then?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

John Player Specials

theotherjonv

saw a small gig at a tiny new venue in Guildford last night. Friend of my wife's, her 'day job' is backing vocals for Mika, but by night she plays her own stuff under the name Imma.

Her other half is Mark Richardson, Skunk Anansie's drummer so we saw him there too. Have tickets for them in nov.

But before then – the legendary Wedding Present in Portsmouth!!

verses

Her other half is Mark Richardson

He used to be in the Little Angels, I saw them far more times than I care to admit 😉

DezB
    Free Member

There certainly seems to be a lot of shit music to see these days

There certainly is. There's also a lot of great music. Cheers.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

The Wedding Present – Leamington Spa, . . .sometime in December?

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

plumber – Member There certainly seems to be a lot of shit music to see these days

Your staying at home to watch Strictly eh plumber? 😉

willej

I'm sitting in Wembley Stadium waiting for Biffy and Muse right now :oD

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Just had a list through from my Mrs…….
    Too much going on.

John Richardson 24/9
    Kevin Bridges 28/09
    Jason Manford 08/10
    Mark Watson 14/10
    Russell Kane 27/10
    Foals 04/11
    The Black Keys & The Walkmen 07/11
    Local Natives 18/11
    Faithless 1/12
    Band of Horses 30/01

Should keep us going!!!

Lifer
    Free Member

Not music but Stewart Lee in Brighton in October 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘What gigs have you all got coming up?’ is closed to new replies.