Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • What gift for a motor home enthusiast?
  • iolo
    Free Member

50th birthday. Up to £150. Preferably less.
    I have no idea what to get him.

ElShalimo

Books on Aires and Stellplatze

project
    Free Member

Rear view mirror and a fuse for the indicators if fitted , they never seem to use them.

Stoner
    Free Member

good call from ElS.

The all the aires book from http://www.vicariousbooks.co.uk/ is excellent.

Mike_D
    Free Member

+1 for All The Aires, used it for the first time the other week, couple of very fine spots. That and a Garmin satnav with lifetime European map updates would be a great combination for well under your budget 🙂

100mphplus
    Free Member
    wombat

Pampas grass in a pot?

epicsteve
    Free Member

That aires book or a satnav with Euro maps are both good shouts if they don’t have them already. The solar panel isn’t a bad idea however I did find that I rarely used the one I’ve got.

The problem you might have is that if they’re already well organised there might not be anything motor-home related that they need/want but don’t already have. I’m trying to think of something that someone could buy me for my motor-home at that sort of budget but am struggling a bit to think of anything.

towzer

bit tricky without knowing person

but – we now using a lot of folding kitchen things (basins, bowls, kettles etc – saves space/packs silenter)

cadac safari bbq (if home has external gas point)

you can get motorhome specific road maps (heights and bridge weights)

gan you get site gift vouchers (? do you know if they are caravan or camping club etc ?)

spooky_b329

What haven’t they got?

Insulated screen covers.
    Grip tracks to help get off a wet pitch.
    Levelling ramps.
    If they are a bit techy, how about a 3g or wifi booster to improve reception and range.
    BBQ, the Cobb is ideal (previously discussed on STW)

hels
    Free Member

Tread carefully – remember all those really shit cycling gifts well meaning relatives give you at christmas. Cheap-arse cycling gloves from Aldi, books by Lance Armstrong etc.

I think nice bottles of whisky work equally well in mobile homes.

epicsteve
    Free Member

What haven’t they got?

Insulated screen covers.
    Grip tracks to help get off a wet pitch.
    Levelling ramps.

Those are pretty much the first things you buy (and the screen covers over come with the vehicle – they did with both of mine) so I’d be surprised if they didn’t have them.

If they are a bit techy, how about a 3g or wifi booster to improve reception and range.
    BBQ, the Cobb is ideal (previously discussed on STW)

Decent packable barbecue is a decent shout if they don’t already have one or it’s better than the one they already have. I just carry a cheapo one in our motorhome so a better one would be a nice present.

IHN

Tread carefully – remember all those really shit cycling gifts well meaning relatives give you at christmas.

This.

andyl
    Free Member

Fuel voucher?

jemima
    Free Member

Tank of diesel was my immediate thought but beaten to it!

convert

3rd (or 4th, whatever) the Cobb. Not camper/mh specific (therefore passing Hels excellent post) but very camper suitable.

Failing that a (pair?) quality camp chair that is actually comfortable or a nice hammock.

Tracey

Still waiting delivery of our camper, still gathering stuff we think we may need, but those Garmin camper satnavs were a steal at Aldi and not much over your budget.

mrjmt
    Free Member

These mighty mug things are mental, I really don’t understand how they work but they do.

May be a nice add-on gift?

andyl
    Free Member

Those mighty mugs look great.

mrjmt – they look like they have some kind of sucker on the bottom and see the wavy split about 1/3rd of the way up? When you pick it straight up it it seems to separate and release the hold on the sucker.

Suggsey
    Free Member

AA or RAC membership!

epicsteve
    Free Member

AA or RAC membership!

Depending on the size of the motorhome it might need to be RAC.

mrjmt
    Free Member

mrjmt – they look like they have some kind of sucker on the bottom and see the wavy split about 1/3rd of the way up? When you pick it straight up it it seems to separate and release the hold on the sucker.

Thats the wierd thing, the base is pretty much flat with just a rubbery ring around the outside, no ‘void’ to create a vacuum like a sucker and when you pick them up straight its just like picking a normal mug up, no residual stick!

zippykona

My brother has his crocs he is lusting after a leather cowboy hat to finish off the uniform.

aaron-bangor
    Free Member

A ukulele!

An inflatable Kayak?

Good Binoculars and a bird book?

Wireless reversing camera if he does not have one.

allfankledup

Reversing camera / crash camera…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘What gift for a motor home enthusiast?’ is closed to new replies.