Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What garage alarm?
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

if you were to put an alarm in your garage, what would you get?

can you get ones which don’t rely on plugging in a code? I’d like one where an RFID tag, or whatever, knows I’m in the proximity and therefore automatically disarms the alarm… doe they exist?

burko73

I added a sensor to mine that is connected to our Yale wireless house alarm. its a good way to the shed and it works well. if anyone opens the door when the downstairs (nighttime zone) is set it’ll set the house alarm off. dummy box on shed as well for luck. don’t use a motion sensor in the shed though – spiders etc…

jim25

Spiders! Wow didn’t know they were that sensitive

cheers_drive

I added a sensor from the main house alarm and a second siren box actual in the garage. Thought is noise in the garage would be so loud in would confuse and scare an intruder.

FuzzyWuzzy

Mains powered would be top of my list as otherwise I just forgot to replace the batteries.

nickjb
    Free Member

No loud alarm but I have a wireless IP camera in mine that sends me a message if it detects movement. Not so annoying when/if I don’t disable it. It can use google location services to disable it automatically but I just do it manually as I want it to work if I’m in the house.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What garage alarm?’ is closed to new replies.