Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • what fun short travel fs frame
  • VanHalen

Toying with getting rid of the Norco fluid lt I have as I just don’t use it in anger much anymore as I generally use the ht as, to be honest, there’s not much down here warrents a big bike.

What I’d quite like is a short travel frame for riding around/commuting but also for razzing round the woods/jumps/drops.

Shorter travel the better I think. I am toying with the idea of a giant anthem but not sure if they are too steep headangle for seat down bermy jumpy fun. Also worried about longevity. Maybe an early trance?

Any other options? Quite like to run 130 ish forks as that’s what I’ve got.

Any ideas?

doug_basqueMTB.com

Commencal Meta SL? Fun and aimed at enjoying the downs.
    Orbea Occam? Stuff and fun with a lifetime warranty. Testing the big wheeled one just now and enjoying it a lot.

jam-bo

original spesh supercross.

one on ebay at the moment…

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Blur TRC ? Mind you, if your anything like me you’ll have to sell one of your kidneys to fund it 😥

Bregante

Llodriks Nicolai Helius cc would be great with 130 forks. On it if it’s still available (search the classifieds)
    edit:
    Sack that, it’s sold.

stevede
    Free Member

Transition bandit or it’s look a likey the nukeproof mega tr which is due out soon.

JCL
    Free Member

Camber. A riot.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Those Cambers look awesome

Or get yourself a short travel hardtail since that sounds ideal for what you want.

bonesetter
    Free Member
    Mugboo

Original Hemlock with 100mm rocker but you would want longer forks. I ran 160’s but often found they were still at 130 at the bottom of descents and I was still grinning, just get a few pedal strikes at 130.

dickie
    Free Member

Turner DW Flux on the classifieds at £620

VanHalen

i nearly bought an ex demo original hemlock but cy wouldnt warrenty it for mountain biking. ie jumps, roots, drops etc etc you know – general biking fun. kinda put me off.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Love my Camber. Just seen there’s a Blur 4X gone on the classifieds that might suit you? I had an Anthem X before the Camber, but you’re right on the head angle; I find the Camber has a much more relaxed front end and feel more confident on the steeper techy stuff.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Orange Blood?

fudge9202
    Free Member

Just built up a Bandit absolutely awesome just like the reviews say a 130mm travel bike that copes with everything like a 160mm one.

Mugboo

My original Hemlock was an ex demo from Cy and it laughed in the face of jumps drops. In fact I hit the same 6 foot to flattish drop 3 times to no I’ll effect, and boy did I land hard 🙁

In fact it got replaced by an 08 wolf ridge (bought last year, new old stock) followed by a Mega and I’m still not sure if I shouldn’t buy my Hemlock back 🙂

Mugboo

My original Hemlock was an ex demo from Cy and it laughed in the face of jumps drops. In fact I hit the same 6 foot to flattish drop 3 times to no I’ll effect, and boy did I land hard 🙁

In fact it got replaced by an 08 wolf ridge (bought last year, new old stock) followed by a Mega and I’m still not sure if I shouldn’t buy my Hemlock back 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘what fun short travel fs frame’ is closed to new replies.