Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What full susser for xc racing and general riding
  • backinireland
    Free Member

Been cutting down on bikes so currently only have a carbon xc hardtail. Planet X dirty hArry built up quite light for xc racing.
    Thinking of just buying a do it all full susser and selling the hardtail
    Ride general xc, do a few xc races, few trail centres but nothing extreme and not keen on drops and jumps.
    Thinking a 29er
    Looking at canyon neuron, kona hei hei and possibly trek fuel
    Can get really cheap deal on a new 2016 hei hei
    Anyone?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Epic/camber
    Anthem

Sorted

jimdubleyou

I have a Nerve (old Neuron). I would generally agree with the recent Singletrack review.

It’s not amazeballs on jumps or super twisty singletrack, but for getting around natural trails quickly, it’s great.

jonnyboi

Budget?

jonny-m
    Free Member

KTM Scarp, best do it all bike I’ve ridden.
    Thank me after

bigbloke
    Free Member

In the STW tradition of recommending your own Orbea Oiz,full Carbon frame, superb all dayer, very light, very nimble, very comfortable. I really like it even though it’s a racier geometry than is currently fashionable elsewhere.

happybiker
    Free Member

Short travel 29er with decent geometry can be really versatile.

…I happen to be selling my Rocky Mountain Element if that interests you.

vondally
    Free Member

Happy bikered what size RM and price are you think?

Cheers

fudge9202
    Free Member

I have this for sale

Heavily upgraded and I’m in Northern Ireland if you want to throw a leg over it
    Not a 29er though

happybiker
    Free Member

Vondally, just put an ad up which I’ve been meaning to for ages. It’s a Large.

Splash-man
    Free Member

The Hei Hei is on my list to replace my old one that has given me good service.
    The latest on has been getting great reviews. The 2016 in lime green would be great !

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Hi Fudge
    If they hadn’t found my nicked Jekyll your bike was on my list. I nearly contacted you during the week about it. Its a bargain for somebody – and the best Cannondale colour ever.

bwakel
    Free Member

I’ve just enjoyed my first couple of rides on my new Habit Carbon SE that I bought from Triton Cycles, reduced from £3,500 to £2,300. The kit is excellent and it rides superbly if you want a do-it-all XC/trail bike. I was surprised at how plush the rear suspension is and the relatively slack head angle and Pike mean that it can be thrown down some reasonably rowdy terrain. I just took a KOM on a hard climb which gives an idea of its prowess up hill. I swapped out the too aggressive and heavy Magic Mary and the Nobby Nic cos I don’t like them and fitted a pair of Maxxis Forekasters that save a load of weight and work pretty well in the current mud and slop. Set up tubeless it weighs about 27lb with XTR pedals. Fit some Racing Ralph’s when the trails dry out and I don’t think it will be much slower than my 21lb Flash 29er Carbon. Don’t be put off by the fact it’s not a 29er, it feels different but plenty fast enough and it won’t beat you up like a hard tail.

backinireland
    Free Member

THinking canyon or kona now

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cheers eddisbaby. So glad you got your Jekyll back my Habit does look awesome in that Cannondale berserk green. Funny I’m at the point of not selling it now and waiting to see how well my wife recovers. I’ve spent over £500 on upgrades and it’s just 27lb. All the reviews are great so perhaps this one to hold onto and be patient.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What full susser for xc racing and general riding’ is closed to new replies.