Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • What full suss mountain bike shall i get?
  • 888trojan888
    Free Member

Afternoon All,

After a long 3 months of arguing with my insurance company following all my bikes being stolen they have finally caved in and paid out :lol:. Im looking to replace my full suss that was stolen. Im looking for about 140mm travel and a bike that climbs well and desends like a beast.

I have allowed my self a £2500 budget and was looking at the Orange Five which has had some good right ups.

Has anyone else got any recommendations for a full suss in this price range (i could propbably increase a bit if need be).

Cheers

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Have a look at Canyon? Some absolute beltas for that kinda money…

Something like this??

IMHO there are far,far nicer bikes out there than the Orange Five, but then again, this being STW…

888trojan888
    Free Member

Looks pretty tasty. Is it tried and tested?

br
    Free Member

FS’s are crap, this is a fact – with that kinda money you could almost buy a decent hardtail 🙂

wl
    Free Member

Follow your instinct – Orange Five. And no, I don’t own one. Ride with plenty who do though, and they’re amazingly capable all-rounders, and perfect for the UK. Half the ‘Sweary Northerners’ on here own Fives; just in case you need any extra persuasion, check their vids.

woody2000
    bwaarp
    Free Member

Descends like a beast? 2.5K?

Nukeproof Mega Comp for 2K or Pro for 2.5K discounted.

wl
    Free Member

With the right shock and forks the Five certainly does descend like a beast, or at least it does according to Dirt, and I reckon they would know. AM version should do it, with the CCDB upgrade if you’ve cash to spare.

AngusWells

Buy the one you like and want.

johnj2000
    Free Member

I spent ages wrestling the canyon/specialized/frame only full suss options. Ended up choosing frame only for 2 reasons
    1: it was more fun choosing and sourcing parts within budget
    2: I liked the individuality that a self build gives you

I just confused matters but that’s only fair as I was very confused myself .

fudge9202
    Free Member

stumpjumper evo comp £2500
    Awesome spec super bike,check the reviews

watsontony
    Free Member

have you seen the new mongoose? goat it think its called

darkcyan
    Free Member

Cant praise my yeti asr5 enough. Climbs like a rocket and not bad on the downs – you can run at 120 or 140 so versatile as well – altenatively if you want more downs than ups you can get a 575 on the cheep these days.

DC

fotorat
    Free Member

You can’t really go wrong, especially if you can find. 2011 model on sale, just watch out for crc, kona reckon they are selling grey imports and you won’t get the warranty

scaled
    Free Member

My mega climbs better than its got any right to.

Point it down and it exceeds my talents/skill by so much I can’t tell you much more than its a whole lot of fun.

coma2s
    Free Member

Lapierre Zesty 314 or for another £100 on your budget a 2012 514

jonnyrockymountain

Have a look at the new norco sight 2 £2500 gets great reviews and a fantastic spec for the money

chakaping
    Free Member

If you don’t mind building it up yourself, the cheap Mega frames for £600 offer the opportunity to build a brilliant bike for your budget.

Set of Crossmax SX, 55RC3 ti, Reverb, XT groupset etc.

Prices very good on the German websites like bikediscount.de and bikecomponents.de. Both good and reliable.

mafiafish
    Free Member

I would be looking at a canyon, ghost or new norco. Orange fives are just awful value for money. I’ve ridden a prophet, remedy, 5, dune, norco fluid and cube fritz and the 5 comes bottom of the pile. Then again I have friends who can put seasoned DHers to shame on one so they can’t be that bad and just look at Joe Barnes’ exploits for instance!

backtothetop
    Free Member

I have a giant trance and cant say a bad word about it,(neither can mbr magazine) however, that only cost half your budget.

If i was looking now at a 2.5k bike id consider the norco sight, looks nice(in white) and has some great reviews.

neninja
    Free Member

I’d be looking at the Norco Sight as mentioned above.

Having said that a mate has recently got an Orange 5 and loves it. Another has an Orange 5 and a Zesty 514 (well the Zesty is his wife’s). When given a choice he always takes the Five as he says it’s more fun.

adrianmilleruk
    Free Member

Canyon strive you’ll love it

888trojan888
    Free Member

Plenty of food for thought there cheers guys……..gunna organise a orange 5 demo bike and see what all the fuss is about and if it doesnt float my boat i will explore some of the bikes mentioned above

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

FYI I demo’d a 5, didn’t demo anything else, just bought a 5. That was 2 years ago & still love it.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘What full suss mountain bike shall i get?’ is closed to new replies.