I will try to avoid asking a question too open to make any sense:
- I've been riding hardtails for years on end and love them
- I fancy having a 2nd proper bike
- going for a 29er hardtail in addition to my 26er hardtail seems like getting not enough difference to make it worthwhile, I would probably end up using one of them the whole time and neglecting the other
- so I'm willing to take the plunge and invest into a full suspension bike
- but I'm worried that I won't like it (energy sapping, lack of feedback, heavy, complicated, the usual)
- I am probably your average STW trail biker with a 100mm Cotic Soul and won't do much different things with the FS bike I guess
- then again - and that's part of the question - I might change my preferred riding style when I have a different bike
- I sat on a Cotic Rocket today, it felt plush like a sofa, riding position like a 30s motorbike (wide, long, low) and I had mixed feelings about it a) whoah that's really different b) arrgh, that might be too different
Question 1: Which bike would you recommend to me? short-travel, long-travel, slack or CC
I know, there are myriads of FS bikes out there, but just give it a go and share your exeperience
Question 2: did you change from Hardtail to FS and what did it do for you? Would you do it again? Did it change your riding style? A lot?
Curious I am. And yes, in the end only going for a test ride will do. But I'd like to narrow things down before next weekend.