Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • what full sus frame for a 120 fork
  • karnali
    Free Member

Recent hip problem means I’m likely to be able to ride more if I get a full sus frame. Have always ridden hardtails, bar a brief fling with a 575. I’d rather just get a frame ( preferably 2nd hand) and do a swap over of kit. Current bike runs 120 maxle Reba’s. Riding is in the lakes but normally just a couple of hours blast from the house. So some road as well as off road. A bit up at whinlatter and the usual riding in north lakes. Bike will be used for the odd enduro and possible bike legs of duathlons as well.

Cheers in advance for suggestions.

tonyd

How did you like the 575? I recently built up an ASR5 with 120mm up front and it’s a hoot.

nuke

I’d be considering one of these:
    Anthem X
    Turner Flux
    Trek Fuel EX

jonnyrockymountain

I have asr 5 with 120mm forks superb, but thinking of selling to fund something else size med if interested?
    Email in my profile

haggis1978

Similar question to which I was just about to ask. I was also looking at Stumpjumpers that are a few years old, Fuel Ex frames and a Ghost AMR. Anyone know if Ghost AMR frames are any good?

Skyliner
    Free Member

Flux +1
    Stumpjumper 07-09
    Camber
    ASR5
    Rocky Mountain Element

Pickers

I had a 2008 Fuel EX8 for sale a couple of weeks ago, didn’t go through so I’ve split it up now – I need to take some more pics but the original ad is here for the complete bike. Frame, forks and most components available. Was going to relist it over the weekend.

dickie
    Free Member

Turner DW Flux + 2.
    I few months back a 2011 (maxle rear, OS headtube) went for £380 on ebay.
    On a 2009 myself with 120mm SIDs – lovely bike.

karnali
    Free Member

Pickers how much for frame?
    Jonnyrm how much and pics please?

Email in profile

Cheers

boxelder

SC Blur?
    Mate paid 250 for his….

blob
    Free Member

I’ve got an 2011 amr 5900. It’s pretty much perfect for the use you describe… Frame is bomb proof as far as I can tell. Only things are it’s not that light and the 69deg head angle is a bit old skool for some

Pickers

Pickers how much for frame?

I’d be looking for around £175 I think with the RP2 shock and QR seat collar

boxelder

Krona Hei Hei

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Yeti ASR5 Carbon. I also happen to have a 2012 large frame or rolling chassis in raw/turquoise for sale if you’re interested.

karnali
    Free Member

Pickers can u fire some pucs to email in profile please?

Blob pics please as well

Boxelder will look at both of those cheers

Pickers

Pickers can u fire some pucs to email in profile please?

Pics sent

karnali
    Free Member

None arrived pickers
    Martin_varey@yahoo.com

Cheers

Pickers

Bugger, sorry. Re-sent.

CheesybeanZ

Orange 5 runs great at 120mm and theres plenty of frames about .

karnali
    Free Member

I wondered about a 5 but thought 120 may b too short up front?

torihada
    Free Member

karnali – Member
    I wondered about a 5 but thought 120 may b too short up front?

One of the reasons I’ve ditched my Talas on the 5 (they weren’t reliable either) was when I dropped the front end to 110mm from 140mm it felt like I’d stuck a plow on the front. Horrible. 120mm might be better but I don’t imagine so.

If I had hip problems I wouldn’t go for a single pivot bike like an Orange; the Fuel would be much more easier on the hips/back. I like the 5 but it aint comfortable.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘what full sus frame for a 120 fork’ is closed to new replies.