Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What front tyre for On One 29er with Carbon Rigid Forks?
  • matty456
    Free Member

As above, have On One Smorgs on my 26er, like them. Was looking at an OO Chunky Monkey or a pair of Smorgs for the 29er, running tubeless too.

Advice please thanks.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Riding style, terrain etc?…

matty456
    Free Member

Riding North Downs, smooth singletrack when it’s dry, flint rocks and gravel, mud and slippery chalk when it’s wet, can be very slippery, want to use bike for longer rides and ss in winter-moon on a stick 🙂
    Cheers.

matty456
    Free Member

Riding style is not too aggressive, but like pushing it most of the time.

nuke

Smorgasbord rear is a great 29er tyre and I run it tubeless no problems. Up front I recently went with a 2.35 Hans Dampf Pacestar Evo run tubeless bought when O-O were knocking them out for £20: love it on the front and wished I bought a spare now. North downs, Surrey Hills riding btw

matty456
    Free Member

The HD is a bit out of my price range! Like the Smorgs though, settled for using one on the rear, just the front to decide.

icarus
    Free Member

Have a look at the Specialized Purgatory in the 2.3 size,great tyre imho and good value.

nuke

If HD is out of your price range (to be fair its out of mine if I was replacing), icarus makes a good suggestion particularly with this…
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/psa-a-cheap-way-to-buy-specialized-purgatorys

matty456
    Free Member

Thats a good shout, I’ll have to dig around and see if I’ve got an old tyre laying about in the garage! The 29er is a new build so no old tyres, yet…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What front tyre for On One 29er with Carbon Rigid Forks?’ is closed to new replies.