Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • what frame to replace Orange 5 29er
  • adamyounghus97
    Free Member

Thinking of selling orange five 29er 2014 fframe and getting something lighter to replace it, I’ll consider second hand.

gibbonarms
    Free Member

Pyga might be an option or an OO Codeine, but if your concerned on the weight then go for carbon.

mrmoofo

Is a Codeine really lighter than an orange 5?

Clink

Giant Trance (29er one) – lot lighter frame – quite a few about on ebay etc.

drovercycles
    Free Member

Pyga OneTen would be a good shout and are at a great price right now. Yes, carbon would be lighter (and Pyga have a carbon 29er coming) but surely more can be saved on the build kit unless you’ve already got top-of-the-range gear.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Intense Carbine 29? Trek Remedy 9.8 29?

Northwind

How heavy is the actual frame? I’ve never seen a weight (Orange don’t often quote frame weights) but the frames are usually not that heavy just because of the simple design.

roverpig

Edit: double post

roverpig

Meanwhile on another thread.

Orange 5 29er – love mine

That was only three days ago! What went wrong 🙂

Lots of lighter 29ers out there, but most are more “XC” than the Five29. Is that what you are after? If not then I guess you could look at the carbon remedy or carbon enduro. Can’t think of any other “big” 29ers that would be significantly lighter than your five.

Lummox

Just out of curiosity what size and colour is the five you’re selling?

br
    Free Member

Why sell a perfectly good 2014 frame and buy one s/h?

And tbh the only way to get it lighter would be to go carbon – but most folks bikes could easily loose a pound or so just be a bit of weight-weenieing.

gibbonarms
    Free Member

How heavy is the actual frame? I’ve never seen a weight (Orange don’t often quote frame weights) but the frames are usually not that heavy just because of the simple design.

My large weighs 2.8kg (6lb2oz) without the shock, and the my codeine is 3.3kg (7.3lb).

Start by taking weight off the wheels if you’re happy with how the frame rides.

bigrich

yeah, get light wheels.

rickmeister

Its probably all the stuff thats fixed to the frame that could be weight weenied Shirley ? Think of the total bike weight and what percentage of that is the frame . . ?

floki
    Free Member

Interesting, I’ve just bought an Alpine Five to replace my Pyga OneTen.
    I’ll tell you now, there’s really nothing in the frame weights.
    (Both L frames)

z1ppy

What prompted the change floki? (interested)

floki
    Free Member

Z1ppy;
    I bought the Pyga when I was living in S Wales – lots of trail centres, great singletrack like FoD, and Beacons; where the Pyga is absolutely fine.
    However, since I’ve moved and now have the Cairngorms on my doorstep – I’m finding that I could do with a bike that is a bit bigger, slacker and lower.
    Hence the Alpine Five.
    More a reflection of wanting / requiring a different geometry, rather than a reflection on the Pyga (which is a great bike)

z1ppy

fair enuff 😉

jonnyrockymountain

My salsa spearfish over in for sale!!!! 5.2 lbs

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘what frame to replace Orange 5 29er’ is closed to new replies.