Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What frame to replace 06 Enduro with
  • tmb467
    Free Member

Needs to take a tapered headset and 160mm forks

orangeboy
    Free Member

New 2013/14 enduro ?
    Or a rune maybe

ddmonkey

A new one. Or an Orange Alpine 160?

euans2
    Free Member

Commencal Meta SX

Simon

New or 2nd hand?

choppersquad
    Free Member

Transition Covert Carbon. Ultimate sexiness.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

O changed mine for a Nukeproof Mega …. Awesome choice IMO 🙂

julians
    Free Member

I swapped mine for an ibis mojo hd.

waldo1
    Free Member

I’ve got a near new mojo hd with ccdba for sale in the adds at the mo.
    1790 with works -1 headset.

tmb467
    Free Member

Cheers – it’s looking like secondhand for now and budget is about 600

Newer (2010) Enduro is a definite option

mikewsmith
    Free Member

what do you do with it? what do you want to do? what material? did you like FSR? have you tried anything else you like???

tmb467
    Free Member

Ride it – over everything. Snowdon, trail centres, 30 miles across the moors, no jumping only cos I’m shit at it. One bike to do it all really.

Want to do the same – uk, lakes, Scotland, Wales, alps. Just ride it really – got a singlespeed as well for muddy local stuff but have ridden that on the Enduro too

Not bothered about material – just want something similar that’ll do everything Line the fact that rear is short and solid and that it’s not too slack but still goes well downhill. Not tried anything else yet – this was my first full sus after having had a 140mm P7 hardtail for years

tmb467
    Free Member

To be fair – I haven’t got a clue what I don’t want so just looking for opinions

mikewsmith
    Free Member

helps to know what you want to do with it though. You will still get plenty of “Waht I Have” answers too 🙂

I had an early enduro (04) and went to a heckler, great cheaper frame solid and reliable did everything you list and more but was never as nice as FSR suspension to me. Being single pivot it needed a lot of help from the shock which FSR didn’t, ended up with VPP and a Blur LTc as I couldn’t be arsed with Specialized and prefered the SC’s. Same idea where the suspension design does a lot of work and the shock is there just to do it’s thing not support the whole bike whenever you pedal. Run mine with 160mm forks and 140mm back end perfect combo for me.

If your looking second hand then it’s going to be down to the marketplace really.

tmb467
    Free Member

160 front / 140 rear is what I run. I specifically don’t want single pivot though.

I’m happy enough to wait for a bit though. Got nicolai in the back of my mind as well but depends on what comes up between now and when I need something!

Agree on your last statement tho And your first.

eisco
    Free Member

If it helps I have a Carbon Remedy for sale under your budget!

tmb467
    Free Member

Drop me an email to the address in my profile – would consider it if it was the right size!

Pics and details would help as I’ve seen your ad but there’s no contact details and someone else is pretty interested too

tmb467
    Free Member

And cheers Mike – doubt that will end at the £600 mark but ill keep an eye out for something like that

slackman99
    Free Member

Just over budget, but a Yeti ASR-7?

Linky

tmb467
    Free Member

Good shout on that yeti …..

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What frame to replace 06 Enduro with’ is closed to new replies.