Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What frame? Flat bar, CX-disc style thing
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I’m looking for a cheapish frame+fork (new) to fit a flat bar to so I can use the disc brakes I have lying around for commuting (it’s about 40% to 60% forest to road and is bollock bruising on the road bike and too slow on the HT).

I’ve seen the Genesis CdF frame+fork combo, am I missing anything else similarly priced out there? I like the look of the Singular Peregrine but the price is a bit over the impulse pricing I’ve given myself.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Be careful – road frames have a different top tube to flat bar equivalents, you might end up with a wacky stem length to sort it.

Check out Evans – there was a few of their own brand hybrid frames from last year going mucho cheap a while ago.

alexpalacefan

Planet X Kaffenback?

APF

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    atlaz
    Free Member

quick bump

twojumpers

Cotic Roadrat?

kelvin

I was going to mention the Roadrat… and also ask what “cheapish” meant in this case…

Roadrat is £299 if you get it with one of the older non-bolt through forks.

atlaz
    Free Member

Frame+fork under 400 quid, preferably under 300 😉

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Again Cotic Roadrat,

atlaz
    Free Member

only slight problem is there doesn’t seem to be any stock of the non bolt-thru one. I don’t want to buy new wheels 😉

twojumpers

I read you can use a ‘normal’ qr wheel, its just a bit of a faff splaying the fork to get the wheel in.

kelvin

atlaz, there is stock of non-bolt-thru forks at Cotic, just perhaps not in a colour that matches the frame you want. There are duckegg and gritstone forks with open dropouts and both disc mounts and removable rim brake studs, and there are also orange disc only forks with open dropouts. The Olive frame, which has orange decals, might look good with the orange fork. Or as twojumpers says, you can put a normal wheel in the latest forks… latest forks take it over the £300 point though.

atlaz
    Free Member

Of course it just occurred to me that I don’t have any road disc wheels so actually a bolt-thru may not be that bad for me if I need to buy wheels anyway

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What frame? Flat bar, CX-disc style thing’ is closed to new replies.