Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What frame bag for an On-One Fatty?
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m loving the Fatty to such an extent I’m planning my rides over Christmas around it. I want to take my camera gear away with me, so that will go on my back, but I’ll have normal clothes to carry as well so I think a frame bag and a seatpost mounted bag would be the solution.
    Any recommendations?

molgrips
    Free Member

Wildcat

wwaswas

beerbabe

rOcKeTdOg

http://Www.beerbabe.co.uk definitely does one

hopkinsgm

For the seatpost mounted bag – Alpkit Koala with a tapered Airlock inside. Or if only for occasional, a tapered Airlock on its own

MadBillMcMad

Me & Pete have just done a couple of bikepacking trips.
    Him using wildcat seatbacg & alpkit frame bag.
    Me using alpkit Koala seatpost bag & a beerbabe frame bag.

The widcat seatbag is definitely superior in stability – as in it is rock solid whilst the alpkit waves about a bit, but the alpkit is still very good & providing it comes with the new grey clips then it may be better than mine. Mine has the old black clips which are shocking IMO.

For the frame bags there is not much in it. I would say the alpkit has a slight edge, but the beerbabe is excellent & being made of recycled inner tubes is hoseable down after a muddy ride.

The alpkit stem cells are excellent & IMO the alpkit fuel pods are superior to beerbabe, but again beerbabe is excellent VFM & is recycled.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Lots of input there. The beerbabe framebag looks great for my muddy lifestyle, the Alpkit Koala appeals for additional needed storage.

dovebiker

If it was me, I’d carry your heavier camera kit on the bike and lighter clothing in your backpack. Revelate Tangle is a nice, half-frame bag or there’s Adipura bags too.

richardthird

You can get ‘bar mounted DSLR padded bags too.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Ah, nice idea but…
    Canon 5D III, 100-400 MkII, 70-200 F2.8 IS III, 16-36 F2.8 II, 24-70 2.8, 50 F1.4, 1.4X teleconverter, 3 EX580 flashes, wireless remotes for flash, monopod, Gorillapods for flashes, filters, batteries…
    ‘taint gonna fit on no bar. I will dump one of the long zooms depending on the plan but even so its a full 35L bag and weighs a ton.

If I’m just taking the EOS M then thats more of a plan. The frame bags and stuff is only to get me Weymouth via train with cameras and clothes and from there my days out will just be the camera bag and essential tools/tubes/pump.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What frame bag for an On-One Fatty?’ is closed to new replies.