Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • What frame are you building up at the moment?
  • kudos100
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a chumba xcl, which I am chuffed to bits with finding. I’m going to build it up with some light(ish) bits and tweak the geometry to slacken the head angle and lower the bb.

What are you building up?

Northwind

I’m rebuilding my Hemlock (thought it could do with some TLC after fort william) and unbuilding my SX Trail, prior to selling it for the Ellsworth which ought to arrive at the end of the week and sticking most of the bits on it.

Coleman
    Free Member

Evil Resident fixie plus a Giant TCX ready for the start of the cross season in September – both are for number one son though!

nickhead
    Free Member

Slowly gathering bits for my old, re-purchased but newly resprayed Dialled PA, as a simple hardtail for ragging about when i can’t be doing with the full-sus

Dialled PA by space-scape, on Flickr

Have… Easton wheels, old Middleburns, XTR rear mech, old Flite Ti saddle, old Hope Mono minis,

Need… forks (revelations or similar) as i can’t face putting my old Pace RC40s on only to deal with the inevitable disappointment

sssimon
    Free Member

just finished a zesty 314 just waiting for a reverb seatpost to complete

as usual bought a full bike and kept frame, shock and bb and changed the rest!

kudos100
    Free Member

Lovely colour Nickhead. I build up a dialled alpine a few days ago, but am more excited about the chumba!

kiwijohn

Just waiting for my new bike. Don’t know when the slow boat will get in.

Bernaard
    Free Member

When I am back from my hols in a couple of weeks hopefully there will be a Genesis frame for me to build as my winter SS project.
    My back has been playing up so will be riding FS for the foreseeable future so there will be no rush to complete it just yet

Mister-P
    Free Member

I finished building a Cervelo S1 on Tuesday. Not had a chance to ride it yet but as it is my second one I have a rough idea it will be ok.

drain

Just finished building up my new 2011 Salsa Fargo frame at the weekend 🙂

Still a few tweaks to be made but they can wait ’til I find some more cash – it’s an absolute hoot to ride. Some big rides planned…

Wookster

Other way for me I’ll be stripping my bfe this weekend 😥

tony24
    Free Member

Currently got a chumba vf2 ready to be built up but am waiting for xt 2012 groupset

mattsccm
    Free Member

1930’s Dawes road bike. Can’t decide on tubs are clinchers.

b-a-c-o-n
    Free Member

Devinci Hectic for me…….looking forward to breaking it in.

Rorschach
    Free Member

2012 Giant Tcr Sl-with an integrated seatpost…..measure once,cut twice 😀

rocketman
    Free Member

What frame are you building up at the moment

lol none a bike on the trails is worth two in the shed

honourablegeorge

Dismantling a Tazer to build a Soul.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Bit different to the above but I’m just about to order a seat clamp and brake cable for my newly rebuilt/repainted 11 year old Pashley 24MHz jump bike. Can’t wait to get it around the pump tracks at Lee Quarry and do some general looning around on!

nickhead
    Free Member

@kudos … cheers – thought i’d go for something a bit classy. I like the Alpine, but it’s a niche i don’t need to fill. Would love a Dialled Cruiser though!

deviant
    Free Member

A Kona Caldera frame (not very boutique i know)….which will then be adorned with XT 2×10 running gear with 26/38 chainrings, also have some Mavic EN521 wheels ready to go on….should be a solid reliable lump when finished.

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

A refurbished large Horst-link 5-Spot… with parts and Ti DHX5 to be transplanted from my medium HL 5-spot : )

The patient…

The donor…

woody2000

One of these. Not fashionable, but if it rides as well as the Canaan it’s replacing, I shall be a happy bunny 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

Waiting for a Giant Anthem frame to turn up, for my new XC/ Race bike 😀

fivespot
    Free Member

Just started a Pre 65 Triumph Cub Trials project, not quite a mountain bike, but the only bike build on the go at the moment 8)

BadlyWiredDog

This
    . And it’s ace.

cookeaa

A kona STAB for Getting back into DH. and an old fire mountain as a winter SS….

I’m not a kona fan boy…. Honest.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Ive got this nearly built up. Got to sort out the front brakes now I have the required studs and rustle up a back wheel for it. I might just pinch my dads back wheel as he rairly rides his bike, dont think he will notice if I put a 24″ one on it!

Untitled by i_ache, on Flickr

kudos100
    Free Member

@ IsaacClarke. I like the look of the Turner with the coil shock.

JonR
    Free Member

A ridley crossbow.

chakaping
    Free Member

just finished a zesty 314 … kept frame, shock and bb and changed the rest!

You’ll probably be changing the BB soon too.
    😉

Me, I’m building up a Trek Session – and I’m very excited about it too. Should be done this time next week if all goes to plan (unlikely with me).

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m about to upgrade and finish off (by which I mean complete, not shoot) this:

IMAG0552.jpg by alan cole, on Flickr

messiah
    Free Member

One day I plan to move the Rev forks, lightweight wheels and single ring cranks from my hardtail to my full-suss. I’d like to see how it rides in a configuration which should drop the weight below 30lbs.

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

@Kudos – Cheers : )

I was going for a ninja-build, with the exception of the pink (breast cancer) CK headset…

I’ve got black borecaps now too…

The ninja frame is for sale now… It’ll come with a TFTuned-serviced RP3, or RP23…

The Ti-coiled DHX5 is nice though – A bargain off good ol’ STW classifieds : )

stevomcd
    Free Member

Currently trying to resist a Cotic BFe. I have all the bits ready to go, just no frame to put them on. *Must resist* *Must resist* 😡

SamB
    Free Member

honourablegeorge – Member

Dismantling a Tazer to build a Soul.

Funnily enough I’ve just dismantled a Soul (and a 5.5) to build up a Tazer.

Of course I bought the new frame before selling the old, so now have a serious money pit under the stairs! Ah well 🙂

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Yeti Big Top.

Had it for a week but do not have all the bits yet, they are sitting at a Parcelforce depot and i can get to them until tomorrow evening….aagh i want it finished NOW.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Cove Hustler that I had ‘mothballed’ whilst I rode the G-Spot. Serviced the forks – well and oile and seal change – on Tuesday and will be building it up on Sunday morning.

After that, I’ll be putting the Cromoto forks on my Inbred.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Just built this up , first run out last sunday … very happy
    Kinesis maxlight xcpro 2

Yet1man

Wow, thats exactly what I’m currently building up, in the same colour too.

Was meant to be a cheap build to use as a commuter and thought I had all the parts ‘laying around’ but as usual, I’m getting carried away (Sram Redwin Cassette, Hope brakes with floating rotors, carbon bars, XT everything etc etc) and its not turning into such a cheap build after all.

Have you weighed it Stumpy ? Be interesting to have a ball park figure at what mine (large frame) is likely to come out at.

mboy
    Free Member

Just put new forks and wheels on my Genesis Altitude Ti Hardtail, ready for the weekend!

So completely ignoring all advice about not changing anything before going racing for 24 hours then… 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘What frame are you building up at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.