Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What frame?
  • Stevie-P
    Free Member

If you had to choose from Giant, Genesis, Cotic, Commencal and Gary Fisher, what frameset would you buy?

I'm after a hardtail for cross country peak rides but it must also be good for racing on so no heavy behemoths. I've been thinking about the XTC carbon but I hate that faux carbon weave finish!

Gonna build it with Stans on Hope, XTR group and 3T finishing kit. Not sure about forks yet but I do like Fox.

njee20
    Free Member

I'd buy a Pedal Force carbon frame off eBay which is lighter and cheaper than any of those.

Oh wait, that's what I did…

3T finishing kit? Really? I wouldn't!

SIDs over Fox every time too.

Stevie-P
    Free Member

Why not 3T?

akira

Commencal Skins look lovely, but probably a Soul for me and spend the extra cash on some bling.

njee20
    Free Member

I'll retract my 3T comment, as they seem to have sorted their stuff out, it used to be pretty gopping! Expensive and weighty. That Doric LTD post looks alright.

If the prices are good the rest of the stuff's alright, although I'll wager that carbon stem is more expensive than much lighter alu ones.

allthepies
    Free Member

njee20 – what size frame did you get and how tall are you ? The TT lengths seem pretty short and at 6' tall I think the 20" frame looks like the best fit on numbers alone.

allthepies
    Free Member

ping…for njee20

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Some very different types of bikes, depending on model chosen obviously. Giant or Fisher for racing, Cotic for the Peaks. Sorry I know that doesn't help very much! As an allrounder I'd probably say Genesis though, knowing how well a mate gets on with his in all kinds of extreme conditions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What frame?’ is closed to new replies.