Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What Forks should I think about
  • seven
    Free Member

I am looking to replace the Fox TALAS forks on my 2004 Spesh enduro.

What models do you guys think it is worth me looking at.

I am considering moving up to 140mm as I don’t think this will have to much impact on the geometery. But also looking to maintain the travel ajustability. So what’s out there?

Thanks in advance for the ideas.

Poindexter
    Free Member

You could try RC41 Fighters – similar axle to crown height but 10mm more travel…

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

09 revelations, great forks and pretty light too

Matinmidiswa
    Free Member

I have the 09 Fox TALAS RL on my Scott Genius, they are superb. They have 150mm travel, adjustable from 110-130-150, with rebound adjust and lockout. I have coil sprung Revelations on my hardtail and thought they were good…but the TALAS are immense. I use the travel adjust all the time, whack it down to 110 for a climb, 130 for the less intense decents and 150 for that buttery smooth feeling that makes easy work of any trail

takisawa2

You could try Coil Pikes…like mine.
    Best forks I’ve ever ridden on.
    You’d need a new hub though if your on Q/R at them moment.
    Being somewhat rotund I like the extra rigidity the bolt-thru affords.
    Were I not of the aforementioned rotund shape I’d probably run some of the new 140mm Rev’s.
    I don’t tend to move the travel on mine much, usually between 130mm & 140mm, mine have a remote lock-out which I use a fair bit though.
    Have to say that you do notice the difference when running at 140mm, steering is just a little slower & the bike settles into its rear travel a bit more. It certainly feels more confident on more technical / steep trails. These forks really saved my ass in Derbyshire recently when I hit a babies-head sized rocky section while trying in vain to catch 2 chaps on Orange 5’s.

My 04’…

foxyrider
    Free Member

Love my 09 Talas 140mm – and they are fairly light and feel pretty rigid even with std QR’s 😉

ononeorange

Takisawa2 – it’s a simple conversion on the exisiting hub if it’s a QR Pro II, isn’t it?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Takisawa2 – my hardrock frame is still on offer if you want it?

seven
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies guys, some food for thought – off to check bank balance 🙁

takisawa2

ononeorange…yes, a doddle. Thats what I’m running.

BearBack
    Free Member

Anything you didn’t like about the existing Talas.. if its just time for a new fork, then a new Talas will be better.

AlasdairMc

I recommend Pikes on an 04 Enduro, the bike just eats up bumps now and it’s completely transformed it. The front end feels a lot stiffer too, partly down to the Maxle and partly down to the appalling Skraxle it replaced that Specialized insist on using in their hubs.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What Forks should I think about’ is closed to new replies.