Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What forks on Helius CC?
  • giantjason
    Free Member

Thinking at getting a nicolai Helius CC for general xc and all mountain riding in the UK and for my annual trip to the Alps. Would this bike be up to the job for the riding I am after.

What forks are people running?

I have a set of DT Swiss EXM 150 from another bike i would be transfering over. Would 150mm be too much?

Ambrose

I use 140 RS Rev 456s for exactly what you suggest on my CC. I’m 103kg at the moment, standing at 1.92m high FWIW

geetee1972
    Free Member

Giant – I’m still not sure why Nicolai have the CC in their line up; it’s sort of been superceded in view by the AC. The AC is lighter, has slacker geometry (which I think is better and is certianly more in line with current thinking) and the abiltiy to give you more travel if you want.

The CC has a maximum travel of 129mm so a 150mm fork is going to slacken the HA but will also raise the BB as the geometry is based around a fork with an A2C of 500mm. Bear in mind that a 150mm Fox 32 has an A2C of 520mm.

robob
    Free Member

these two replies are probably the reason, despite really liking them, why i can’t really see myself as a nicolai owner.

pinches
    Free Member

definitely get an AC if you’re wanting to run the 150mm fork, would be a great setup.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Robob – what do you mean?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What forks on Helius CC?’ is closed to new replies.