Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What forks for Orange 5?
  • votchy
    Free Member

Seems my Fox 32 RLC's have finally given up the ghost, 3 years old and the stanchions have gone and oil is flooding past the seals, what is the best option? Send to Mojo for new uppers and service or replace with something else? Do like the fork so not adverse to getting them sorted.

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

DT XMC140

MicArms

Pikes, with 20 mm axle..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Del

+1

MicArms

Ignore, double post…nothing to see…

Northwind

How hard do you ride it? New Revelations are pretty brilliant, decently light, not as strong as Pikes though. But not everyone rides Fives off cliffs.

igm

Air Pikes here, but it depends on how you ride, what weight you are and how you like your bike set up.

Swalsey
    Free Member

I'd go to have them fixed… you'll save money and if you want to change them they will sell on. Oh and if Mojo say they needs everything inside replacing so making it cost too much, they won't charge you for binning them! My 2004 Floats needed – and + springs so they advised a new fork…

geetee1972
    Free Member

They really shouldn't have given up the ghost after just three years unless you're being really hamfisted with them. On the other hand, there is a lot to be said for the new Fox 32 FIT forks; they are really very good indeed. I have a set of Floats in QR15 150mm. They aren't the most supple fork in the world, but the high speed compression damping is really very good.

Can you still get Pikes as an air spring? I thought perhaps that the pikes were now coil only and the revelations now air only as a way of differentiating them from each other, now that the Revelation is up to 150mm.

I do know a chap who is selling a mint (and I mean mint, they are like new) air Pike 454s. They are in Freeborn at the moment along with his similarly mint Dialled Prince Albert (15" 853 not the newer cheaper Reynolds 721 or whatever). Not sure how much he wants, but frankly anything more than 10% of new equivalent price would be a bargain as they are so mint. Freeborn is 01403 251 252.

jordie
    Free Member

i am just back from GT and test rode my new revs on my five and they were fantastic.My foxes also died of death too

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What forks for Orange 5?’ is closed to new replies.