Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • what forks for a tricross?
  • mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

after upgrading the brakes on my tricross and riding it fully loaded round scotland i have come to the conclusion that carbon forks are useless for touring (i knew this already really) and that the tricross FACT forks are truly awful pieces of kit even without low riders on. They suffer from horrific brake judder and are flexier than god knows what.

So what forks to replace them with?

Needs to have braze ons for low riders, mudguard eyelets and 43-45mm rake. I was looking a the surly steel forks, would these fit the bill?

BlackDog
    Free Member

Kona p2's, pretty harsh ride though.

And it's not the fork thats causing the brake judder.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

what is causing the brake judder then?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BlackDog
    Free Member

Well on my jake the snake the brake judder was caused by the top headset mounted cable stop – so the distance to the brake was too long and caused vibration. I replaced this cable hanger with a fork mounted one and the judder has gone.

Cant't remember where I bought mine, was a couple of years ago.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Paul Milnes in Bradford sell all the bits you'll ever need for CX

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

when i say judder, i mean the forks are flexing fore and aft by a huge amount under braking at a rapid and (in my mind) lethal rate. looking around this seems to be the case with other kinds of brake as well. the frequency at which they vibrate is also noticeable when 'just riding along' and leads to sore hands. this is not something i have noticed on other road bikes. i see what you are saying about the mount but they juddered (all be it less) with the supplied mini 'V's as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘what forks for a tricross?’ is closed to new replies.