Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What forks for a Ti 456?
  • MarkE25

Hi,

I have recently bought a second hand Lynskey ti 456 and was hoping for some advice on forks for it. I was originally thinking a 140mm fork such as a Thor but have recently been tempted by the idea of running a 160mm Wotan on it. Has anybody got experience of running 160mm forks on this frame? How does it ride? Does it make it too slack to ride uphill? I’m wanting it for 2-3 hour rides in the Peak. I have other bikes for longer rides so this is not really an issue. Any feedback welcome.
    Cheers
    Mark.

ando227
    Free Member

I run mine with a 130-150 pace fork with launch control which drops the fork low for climbing. I think a 160 would make it too lazy for general use and spoil its climbing ability.

taxi25
    Free Member

I had 130m fox talas’s on mine. The bike benefited with them being wound down for climbing. Not sure I’d fancy a fixed 160mm, but perhaps other people think differently.

MarkE25

Cheers for the feedback. Anybody care to comment that has been running a 160mm fork?

gamo
    Free Member

Had 150mm 36 vans, 140mm 32 vans and now 120mm floats on mine,
    found 150mm wandered when climbing,140mm was pretty good for
    everything and the current 120mm make it an xc flying machine!

gamo
    Free Member

The 36’s were my least favourite.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

120mm is the best ‘all round’ travel IMO. I’ve ridden it with longer forks, and its worse uphill and not that much better down. This will of course, be tempered by your riding preferences.

br
    Free Member

I’ve run mine with RS Reba 120mm maxles, Fox 36 RC2 150mm talas and the current offering, Magura Thor 140mm maxles.

The Reba’s were good, light and fine for normal usage, but a bit short when the ground steepens (downhill).

The weight of the 36’s just seemed to unbalance the bike (they worked great on my previous steel 456 – so I do think its a balance thing), always run with plenty of sag and once talas’d, easier for climbing than the fixed Reba’s.

The Thor’s I’ve on now a great – bike just feels right – do everything from local singletrack through to trail-centres and Peaks/Wales riding.

I was going to buy a pair of RS Revelation U-turn maxles 150mm (max) as they were the lightest of the long 32mm forks, but the Thors were over £200 less.

If buying from scratch, and had the cash, it would be the Revs though.

mafiafish
    Free Member

+1 for u turn revs, very light and very capable, or a 140/150mm talas fork.

MarkE25

Thanks for all the feedback. I’ve decided to stick a pair of Thor’s on. At least this gives the option of dropping down to 100mm for steep climbs. Thanks for all the useful comments.
    Mark.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What forks for a Ti 456?’ is closed to new replies.