Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • what forks for a 2010 stumpy ??
  • renton
    Free Member

Ive got a 2010 stumpy which according to the spesh site has 130mm fox forks on the front, although measuring the exposed stanchion on the forks is more like 140 and it uses all of it up.

however Im looking at upgrading the fork to somthing a bit burlier and either 15 or 20mm bolt through.

what forks would you recommend for it then ??

secondhand upto around £250 ??

cheers

steve

joeyj
    Free Member

I’m running rs recon slight 120 solo air on my 2007 m4 fsr and they work well and ride is excellent any longer travel and it becomes a bit sloppy and less responsive.

Konastoner
    Free Member

Coverted 130mm Float 32 XTT to RLC on mine, I think 140mm would be too slack for what the bikes meant to do.

I’m also quite supprised how stiff the forks are, I don’t think there’d be much benefit in going 15/20 especially for the extra cost.

My Enduro has 170mm Lyrik RC2 Coils on and riding the same trails (Afan, Brechfa & Cwmcarn xc) the difference in feel is marginal. I dare say that on a DH track the Stumpy would suffer though!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stevexc
    Free Member

Apart from the comp all the other 2010 models had a 140mm fork on them (I think they were all travel adjustable though) so it should ride fine with 140s.

renton
    Free Member

Cheers

You are right all the other stumpys from 2010 come with 140 mm forks.

Was thinking of an air pike or early bolt through revs

Cheers

Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘what forks for a 2010 stumpy ??’ is closed to new replies.