Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What Forks???
  • soulbrother99
    Free Member

Hello all im looking for a new set of forks I can probably spend up to £600.
    They need to be for 26inch wheels, have a tapered steerer and be in the range of 120-150mm travel. For trail centre/all mountain riding

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance

coogan
    Free Member

Pikes. Just spent a week in the alps with mine. Awesome forks. We were all running them.

jimmy748

Buy slants and spend the rest on trips to bike parks

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

I got a set of Pikes pretty cheap from alltricks.com (french site) they are pretty great on the flat and downhill; with one token in the air chamber, they can smooth out the rough stuff without bottoming out on big hits. They also climb well without having to mess about with the compression, just take the time to set them up and you’ll have no worries.

chestrockwell

Don’t rule out DT Swiss forks as they are very nice indeed.

wiggles
    Free Member

By my slants for £225 and spend the rest on coke and hookers

deadkenny
    Free Member

Pikes. End of.

£500 can get you the full RCT3, and you can get them down to £300 imported from Europe for the RC version (doesn’t have the climb mode preset stuff).

Couple of rides and I’m seriously impressed. Lighter than my Lyriks and I’m tempted to say they’re better, but I do feel it’s just showing I never had the Lyriks set up properly anyway.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Nahh the Lyriks were only decent in the coil models and that was only after replacing the seals with some lower friction types. You couldn’t bollocks up the Lyriks to much with the compression settings as the range of adjustment was so small anyway.

Solo airs were blehhh and the dual position ones were awful.

Spend the money and get the Pikes, rock shox parts are ubiquitous throughout Europe so you’ll never have a problem getting parts.

soulbrother99
    Free Member

Ok thanks for the responses i take it everyone is referring to the the solo air pikes, http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/rockshox-pike-rct3-solo-air-forks-15mm-2015/rp-prod109670

These do seem like a very good option. Has anyone ridden with the dual position version of these they are a tad on the burly side for me but at the moment these seem like the best option.

p.s has anyone had any experience with the new revolations?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I have dual positions, never use the 130, even climbing, as it buggers up the geo and the bike feels ‘wrong’. Strange, as I used to have a dual fork on my old soul and always used it for climbing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What Forks???’ is closed to new replies.