Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • what fork for a cotic soul? And could you show me pics
  • SlowJohn
    Free Member

So what forks are you soul owners using? Could you post pictures of your souls as well please

metalheart
    Free Member

454 Pikes (but I reckon its a bit OTT as I only ever run them screwed right down at 110mm)

Stu_N

Running Air Pikes with travel reduced to about 130mm.

Had some old TALAS on there originally, then some Revelations. Revelations were pretty good but a game of Fork Chess ended up with the Pikes on there which are even better. It’s really quite hilarious.

No pics of Soul + PIKES though.

daveells
    Free Member

I had maverick sc 32’s on mine and magura laurins and revs.fantastic frames do it all hardtail i reckon

Frankers
    Free Member

I’ve got some 120mm Maxle Reba’s to put on one when i get it, still toying with the idea of ordering one of the new colours

titusrider
    Free Member

FOX f120 RLC QR15, 120mm suits my simple perfectly, its too hard to get the weight over the front at 130mm so you loose the front wheel in corners. 120mm just gives it the hardcore hardtail feel but can still rip the corners. ive run them with 100mm foxes for a while and it ripped singletrack but i would say the carachter is too playful and gets you into trouble with 100mm

loads of photos of various set ups here:
    http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/titusrider1/CoticPics?feat=directlink

andytherocketeer

Magura Menja 100mm XC on mine.

tang
    Free Member

130u-turn revs here, reckon the reba 120 maxle will be great.

desf
    Free Member

I have a cheap 120mm air Recon on mine and it’s been great.

theboatman
    Free Member

Rev’s, generally run them about 120mm

iamtheresurrection

Agree on 120mm.

I had TALAS forks previously and messed around for ages trying to find the sweet spot – I reckon it’s 120.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Revs again on my simple 130mm suits the bike well

neilb67
    Free Member

I run 09 Revs at 120 on my Soda, seems just right…

Where in Sutton are you John?

simondbarnes

100mm Rebas on my Soda. It’s ace.

edd

I recon that 120mm Fox Vanillas would be perfect, plush, light for a coil sprung fork and beautifully damped.

You can convert your 140mm Vanilla like this.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I have 100mm durins on mine, had rebas before. I think 100mm is the way to go – I’ve thought about putting longer forks on but like it to much how it is

SidKillerest
    Free Member

Yeah SlowJohn where in Sutton are ya?
    Do you ever ride round here?
    Whoops! a bit off topic!

SlowJohn
    Free Member

alright neil and sid im in erdington now i moved not long back. I try and get to sutton park a few evenings a week, time permitting, but i love going to cannock. Going to head up there this evening after work for a few hours in the sun.

neilb67
    Free Member

Im in Court Lane John. Was up SP this morning early…

Are you into wind surfing John…?

trailmonkey

Anything with 20mm axle/maxle and anything that can wind in to 100 and out to 130.

Frankers
    Free Member

Anyone ordered a Espresso or Builders Tea version of the Soul yet??

SlowJohn
    Free Member

No neil im not windsurfing john. I live just round the corner from you in summer road by the royal oak and red lion. What time do you go to sutton on a sunday i start work at nine and sometimes get upb there for a couple of hours before that. I only work in wylde green so its easy to get back in time

SlowJohn
    Free Member

think i might get an espresso one

SlowJohn
    Free Member

neil you fancy meeting up for a ride sometime?

Northwind

Revelations here…

I’m not the most hardcore but they seem to suit it brilliantly for what I do (XC riding mainly, lots of laps of Glentress red, occasional black stuff).

Travel wise I only use 100mm for big climbs, 120-130mm is where it lives most of the time.

neilb67
    Free Member

Yes John. I use the park a 2 or 3 times a week during the day as I work evenings. Also ride the chase a bit, mostly Sunday mornings as part of the organised rides from Marquis Drive. Email me when your free. neilb6732@yahoo(dot)com

SidKillerest
    Free Member

Slowjohn & Neil B67….. Am from just by you.. Dean Road! Am also in park 3-4 times a week, either early doors or after work 5pm ish.i’lll be on the lookout for people riding Cotics then!

robob
    Free Member

old air revs usually @ 120mm unless it’s really steep and then i wind it down to 100mm to really get over the front, if it’s steep then 130mm is insprires confidence, somtimes too much confidence!

did have a cheap set of coil recons which were also great but heavy.

Coasting
    Free Member

Cy recommends 100m check out the Cotic we site and theres a small article.I personally run 100 and love the bike.

kearos
    Free Member

I run revs on mine. Most of the time live at 115-120mm with a 70mm stem. I find travel less than this doesn’t feel right for me. I will get around to experimenting at some point with a 90mm stem and see how that makes things feel.

SlowJohn
    Free Member

i work every weekend but could easily meet up for a ride either 7am or after 6pm

SlowJohn
    Free Member

the main concensus is 120mm i could nick the revs of my pace, dont really want to have to buy forks as well

daveb
    Free Member

I had 130 revs on mine but changed to 100mm Reba SLs and prefer it that way.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘what fork for a cotic soul? And could you show me pics’ is closed to new replies.