Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • What fork are you running on your Blue Pig?
  • rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Just aquired a new frame and had decided on an x fusion velvet dla 140mm in white. Of course the importer doesn’t seem to have any in stock.
    Owners, what fork do you run? I like the idea of a 150mm Rev but I do like climbing and will be riding up mountains as well as down.

deluded
    Free Member

Thought about getting Revs spaced down to 140?

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I really want to be able to drop the travel approx 30mm for climbing

geologist
    Free Member

140 revs on mine, I think 150 would really effect its climbing ability.

140 work well, but I wouldnt want anymore.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Some 140mm forks would be great. I think the frames are designed in such a way that you don’t need to drop the travel for climbs.

ahwiles
    Free Member

140 pikes.

rollindoughnut – Member

I really want to be able to drop the travel approx 30mm for climbing

i’m not sure it’s necessary on a blue pig, the steeper-than-average seat-tube does a good job of keeping the front wheel down, even on steep climbs.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Pikes on my mk 1. Match it perfectly though I rarely run them at 140, much more fun at 120ish with a slightly lower bb.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Would something like a 130mm Recon be a better choice then? It’s easy to mentally escalate how knarly your bike is going to be.
    I want to use it for things ranging from North Downs to Welsh mountains and for doing some jumping.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Get a different frame? Im selling a Cotic BFe if you’re interested, that rides well with shorter forks.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I think you’ve missed the point davidtaylforth!

cakefacesmallblock

Obviously there will be a point at which the geometry of you bike can’t handle above a given fork height. Going 80mm to 150, maight be a step too far for example. It also depends on the style of bike and what you use it for.
    I ride a (formerly) 100mm Trance.I took its 100mm Tora and removed the “spacer”, taking it to 130mm. More recently it has a 140mm Rev. Yes. I have had to adapt my riding position very slightly for steep climbing, simply perch a tiny bit further forward on the saddle and bend at the elbow a little more.
    It’s been nothing other than a slight adaptation. I honestly believe that 10mm on a slack bike like the Blue Pig is neither here or there………….and then there’s the question of sag, you may gain 7mm. You wont notice.

andyl
    Free Member

Sektor?

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Thank you cakefacesmallblock. Nice of you to inject a little science.

float
    Free Member

had a sektor, changed it to a lyric that i leave at 150mm.

chiefgrooveguru

The seat angle on the Blue Pig is so steep that you won’t want to drop the forks for climbing. There’s about 10mm variation either way in 140mm fork axle-crown length, so 130/140/150 doesn’t matter as much as the actual A-C length.

bigblackshed

140mm Fox Float RL 15mm axle. Work fine for me.

Trekster

2005 Fox that were swapped over from my Kna Dawg Primo. It now has 150 coil Sektors 😀

studioderm
    Free Member

145mm Manitou Nixon elites on my PG MK II

climbs well. decends well.

enjoy

spudnick
    Free Member

140mm fox and rides lovely

Telemaster18
    Free Member

110-140 revs on mine. I do like being able to wing them down for steep climbs. AWESOME on the downhills.

zomersetglider

Rev’s on mine with spacer recently removed to give me 160mm…. Doesn’t hinder me on the climbs, possibly the best bike I’ve ever had

rotten
    Free Member

Fox Float 36s, got them cheap with the plan to lower them to 140mm. Never have, probably never will.

Northwind

I used uturn Lyriks and Revelations in my Mmmbop… Revs at 140mm was the best allround, very rarely wanted to wind them down further.

davewalsh
    Free Member

150mm Revs on mine, the steep seat angle and low BB means it climbs really well even at 150mm. I also have an Inbred and there’s nothing that I can’t get up on the Pig that I can on the Inbred.
    If you try it and hate it then you can always space the Revs down.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘What fork are you running on your Blue Pig?’ is closed to new replies.