Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • What fork for a 2011 pitch ?
  • renton
    Free Member

just picked up a 2011 pitch fitted with coil sektors, steerer has been cut so cant put any more spacers under stem to raise it and as im wanting a lighter fork with lockout etc im thinking of saving for a new fork.

looking at past threads it seems a lot of people put a lyric on their own pitch but im not sure how much taller a lyric is compared to a sektor??

would i be better off with a rev 150 or a fox float 150 ??

bike is my only bike and is used for everything from commuting to afan with everything inbetween.

what for would you put on it??

cheers

steve

renton
    Free Member

are there any others to consider??

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Air sprung sektors like the one on the Pitch Pro, I’m happy with mine, Ok they’re not quite as good as a pair of lyrics or even the revelations, but they’re good enough and probbaly a big improvement over the cheeper Sektors.

tomaso
    Free Member

I’ve got 160mm coil Lyriks with u-turn and they were no heavier than the basic coil Pikes it came with but 20mm more travel when needed and the ability to transform climbing ability by dropping front down to 115mm. Not to mention better damped travel, adjustabilty, quick to stiffen for a road section with a turn of the knob, nice and stiff tortionally etc.

However a decent set of Revelations such as the dual position ones would do all of the above up 150mm travel and weight a consderably less.

On the downhills the Lyriks are superb but when climbing of carrying the bike up mountain a lighter fork is something I ponder.

In terms of handling its fine with a 160mm fork – the manual though says that is the max travel Specialized will warranty so some of the more modern Lyriks with 170mm would invalidate your warranty.

bigthunder
    Free Member

I use fox 32s on my 08 pitch and the pikes that came on it. My mates using fox 36s on his 2010 pitch. Its all good. Changing to a coil shock on them makes a big difference as well.

renton
    Free Member

yep ive heard that it works well with coil shocks but im not into jumping etc, im just a fatty into trail riding and centres like cannock and afan, so im not really looking at building it up burly.

just had a bike with a pair of revelation rlt’s on which i liked so maybe a set of those??

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

some of the more modern Lyriks with 170mm would invalidate your warranty.

Don’t they come with a bag of spacers?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Lightening a Pitch is barking up the wrong tree. If you want a lighter bike, you’ve bought the wrong one in the first place.
    Lyriks or Fox 36s are the way foreward.

renton
    Free Member

im not saying that i want to lighten it up but i dont want to add weight by adding heavier coil forks if a ighter air version will do the same job

stevepitch
    Free Member

Couple of options if you don’t mind the weight fit 36’s / Lyriks if your trying to keep the weight down go for Rev’s or if you really want to drop some weight go for 32’s with 15mm Maxel and a new wheel set.

Or you could do what I’ve done and upgrade the coil sektors with the moco unit from a reba/rev makes a hell of a difference with lockout and floodgate control. Also I’m assuming you have a comp if so swap out the rockshox rear shock and fit a fox unit (I’ve got an RP23 XV) improves the backend remarkably 😀

Edit, agree with poddy the Bitch really is designed for the more burly setup hence why im thinking of selling mine

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ahh. I see. 🙂

My Pitch is nearly 3lb heavier then when I bought it….. It makes no difference to pedalling that I can tell, but by god does it go downhill a bit quick!

renton
    Free Member

my 09 pitch came with an air fork
    my 10 pitch came with an air fork
    this 11 version has a coil fork but it is the lower specced model

carbon337
    Free Member

A friend has Marz 55 RC3 Ti i think – they seem ace.

However a pitch needs a 160mm coil IMO.

renton
    Free Member

thanks for the replies.

it is a comp but the lad has upgraded everything apart from the fork.

its got 2x 10 full xt with xtr rear mech
    hope headset
    hope ceramic bottom bracket
    american classic wheels
    fox rp2 rear shocj
    carbon post
    ti sdg saddle
    nukeproof bars and stem
    xt trail brakes

you get the idea

the sektors are nice but i need the stem higher and i cant because its been cut for his height.

however i could put a high rise thompson stem on it and i like the sound of adding the motion control gubbins from another fork

how do i do that???

sv

Lyriks on mine, the ability to wind them in really helps IMO.

xiphon
    Free Member

36s @ 160mm

stevepitch
    Free Member

Wasnt that on ebay 😉 nice bike.

Adding the moco damper is easy just unscrew the top cap from the right leg, pour out the oil, measure the new 5w oil (amount is on the sram website), pour oil in, screw in moco damper job done 😀

renton
    Free Member
    PJM1974
    Free Member

A bike like that really deserves a 160mm fork. Either a Lyrik or 36 would fit the bill. I came very close to buying a Pitch three years ago and I wish that I had.

bigthunder
    Free Member

Saw that ad. Nice bike. I run my Pitch pretty light – for xc/trails I use the 32s and a dhx 3 aircan and thats great! If I want to dh it up I use my pikes and a vanilla coil shock. Thats one of the best things about the pitch is the versatility of it. Got a set of lyriks on my orange so maybe do a wee swap out one day – just for the crack like!

renton
    Free Member

this is my 3rd pitch !!! ive had an 09 pro, a 2010 pro and this 11 comp!!

i think it feels lighter than the 5 spot i had

renton
    Free Member

right ok, ive changed the spring from the medium to the blue firm spring and it seems a bit better. however im not getting full travel now unless i really press hard down on the bars !!

it is propping the front end up a bit more which is good though.

I still fell that i need the bars to be higher up though.

bigbloke
    Free Member

What you want is say…..a Revelation 2010 150mm dual air fork, very plush with 20mm maxle, excellent fork and light too………i wonder who has some for sale (shameless plug). 😉

I’ve had a pitch pro in the past it had Pikes on it coil version in xtra firm flavour very good in my opinion too.

bigthunder
    Free Member

What about different bars? Higher rise maybe? Couple of sets on crc the now cheap. Or maybe try a funn rippa stem. Low stack height but angles up. Or a combination.

bigthunder
    Free Member

check out the specialized pitch group on facebook as well for ideas.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘What fork for a 2011 pitch ?’ is closed to new replies.