Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What folding scooter… for a 40yo IT bloke?
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I'll explain…

My work takes me to a big customer site outside Munich. Public transport is good, but getting a rental car is the norm. The car normally just gets used for the airport shuttle and the daily 4km hotel-work shuttle.

I was thinking about using a combination of trains and personal transport instead. Initially I thought: "folding bike" but I don't want to spend much. I've seen people zooming about the site on folding scooters and it might be the answer.

What should I get?

bassspine
    Free Member

JD Bug seems to be the trendy one

mollyiom
    Free Member

Anyone over 12 would look a right **** on a folding scooter.

bassspine
    Free Member
    buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"Anyone over 12 would look a right **** on a folding scooter."

Well I wondered about that! But…

a. I saw quite a few being used at the space agency
    b. I've never been concerned what anyone thinks of me 🙂

These 3xfat wheeled ones look fast and tech:

Lionheart
    Free Member

if you must – then it has to be a Go Ped don't even think about others, too childish. Have seen Steve Jobs on one – so IT Geek over forty!

aracer
    Free Member

If the paths make a scooter practical, then http://www.hypnoskates.com/

Lionheart
    Free Member

if you must it has to be a Go Ped- Know Ped, all others are just too childish, Have seen Steve Jobs on one – so an IT geek over forty! some funny echo here!!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

hahaha!

I followed that link to Cody's skills – wow that is cool! But then clicked and got a film about a burd with big boobies – and the GF saw.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

yes paths in Germany are very good. The Goped loks interesting – larger wheels look more practical

muddy_bum
    Free Member
    myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

mollyiom – Member
    Anyone over 12 would look a right **** on a folding scooter.

Funny, that's what most of the population think about adults riding mountain bikes. Who give's a **** what people think if it's fun? (and in this case practical).

Bimbler
    Free Member

I've been wanting a scooter for a while but fear public opprobium. I was looking at a Razor A5 it's got bigger wheels than "normal" scooters – the 29er of the scooter world if you like. Much cheaper than the admittedly very nice Xootr range.

GW
    Free Member

anyone know a good online store to buy decent scooters?

I'll be 40 in a few weeks and often ride my daughter's cheap pink scooter (and her bikes). personally think the other similarly aged parents that carry their kids scooters/bikes to school that look more like right ****s than me. 😕

woffle
    Free Member

get a strida

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

I want a pair of Heelys. Not sure you would want to do 4km on them though…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

wont fit on a plane muddybum

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What folding scooter… for a 40yo IT bloke?’ is closed to new replies.