Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What folding bike for panniers?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I’m talking full-sized front and rear panniers.

I would imagine one of those Dahon full-sized wheel jobbies would be my best bet.

colonelwax
    Free Member

depends what you want to do really? Not exactly what you asked for but I use a Brompton bag on the front (approx 30l) and panniers on the rear rack. Been OK riding up some long road climbs Shef to Hathersage) and was pretty secure riding the Llangollen canal.

molgrips
    Free Member

I would rather something with bigger wheels than a brompton though..

cynic-al
    Free Member

Get yourself to the geeky folding bike fora

molgrips
    Free Member

Got myself looking at those ortlieb suitcases that go on top of the rack now. Could be just what I need, but £135!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Decent panniers are £100

druidh
    Free Member

Would a collapsible rather than “folding” bike work for you? If so, what about S&S Couplers on a standard bike?

TiRed

Birdy for sale on CTC classifieds 😈 . Take panniers nicely. Ortlieb panniers are worth the money, and the mini suitcase is pretty neat.

Personally in your situation, I’d get a Brompton and front pannier. I miss mine and the Airnimal that replaced it doesn’t fulfill the same role (or get used as much).

molgrips
    Free Member

S&S couplers cost a bomb though, although a nice idea.

Thing is, I fill two 20l panniers as it is. I could maybe get away with the suitcase if I strapped my shoes to the outside. It’d just be nice to have one neat bag that would be easy to handle around an office and hotel rooms, rather than panniers.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Enough??

Dahon Vitesse…. like mine init.

bikebouy
    Free Member

More…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What folding bike for panniers?’ is closed to new replies.