Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What Folding Bike?
  • fanofafan
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m a dirty astroturfer!!

Thanks 🙂

geoffj

Mmmmm

lunge

Assuming this is not Spam, a big assumption I know, just get a Brompton, they are the best tool for the job.

woody74

My wife has a Dahon Vigor P9 which is a cracking bike. It actually rides really well and is solid. She got some Dahon mudguards as well. Much much better than the cheaper bikes we test rode

Cheap from here http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/67919/Dahon_Vigor_P9_Folding_2014_Bike

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Again, on the assumption that this isn’t spam…

FOLDING bike = Brompton
    Folding BIKE = Birdy

onewheelgood

as it has an STAM X7 Twist 8-Speed shifter incorporated to facilitate in the process

How could you resist?

tonyg2003

I’m fully with CFH here. Bromptons fold up best (for the train commute) but are far from the best to ride (and I own one). Definitely only for short trips for me. The Birdy or Dahons ride much better.

Cougar

I’ve amended the OP to more accurately convey his request.

Got to laugh when someone creates an account to disingenuously promote their own website, using admin@theirownwebsite as the registered address.

bearnecessities

*chuckles*

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*applause*

kimbers

I’ve got a dahon cadenza which I use daily
    Check the train company doesn’t specify 20ibch wheels and your sorted,
    The folding bit needs greasing and tightening now and again but it works well and I even managed to squeeze in some 700c wheels. It doesn’t fold very small but its comfy, fast and has disc brakes which are an essential for me !

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

some specify 18 inch wheels, so Dahons would technically be out.

AlasdairMc

What is the view on Tern bikes? I’m looking at a Verge as they seem stiffer than Bromptons with a better spec.

birdage

Had my Airnimal for about 5 years now. Been built up with original hub gears, single speed, off-road with 1.50 Landcruisers, 1 x 9 and more recently 1 x 10. Commuted every day with it, toured fully laden all over France with it and it’s nearly as fast as my road bike. And it can fold when it needs to!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What Folding Bike?’ is closed to new replies.