Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What flat pedals?
  • stevemorg2

I want to try some flats to see if they help my knees a little – have been using SPDs for 20 years but its maybe time for a change. What do people recommend – I’ll need to buy a few pairs to cover all of the bikes so don’t want to spend a lot – seen some Nukeproofs on CRC for @£30, some One oOnes for a bit less and my LBS have recommended Saints which are a bit more expensive – any recommendations?

ton

got some nc17 you can have for a fiver…..used but ok.
    worth a try before you buy owt dearer?

stevemorg2

Moulded or replaceable pins?

wilko1999
    Free Member

Got Nukeproof Electrons on my 29er HT and DMR Vaults on my 6″ full suss. The Electrons grip better are cheaper, thinner and lighter. They don’t look quite as nice though (ooh la di da suit you sir) and probably aren’t as tough but I’ve had no probs with them so far.

ton

replaceable pins

hazza123
    Free Member

Nukeproof electrons are plastic, depending what you use them for they may be ok, i tend to ride downhill mostly so avoid anything plastic

beamends
    Free Member

i really rate those nukeproof plastic pedals ones, awesome for smashing through rock gardens without being thrown over the bars.

they also dont look to bad a year or 3 later as theres no paint to wear off and replaceable pins

stevemorg2

Ton,

that would be great – how do you want paying?

keep the suggestions coming – I still need another pair at least!

Do I need to go and find some skate shoes to make the most of them now or can I get away with Merrells or similar?

ton

email me, you can send me a fiver in the post.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Can someone send me a fiver in the post?
    Been at least 15 years…

johnhe

I bought Nukeproof Electrons about 2 years ago and have no hesitation in recommending them.

blob
    Free Member

I’ve just got some nukeproof electrons and the grip is excellent plus they’re light – much, much better than the Outland cnc pedals I had before. I believe the standard answers though are: superstar nanos/carbon cycles; DMR V8s/V12s or wellgo copies; or for more money then DMR Vaults

ricky1
    Free Member

I paid a bit more for some saints,really impressed aswell.

stew1982
    Free Member

Superstar Nano’s are (or were when I looked) on offer – I’ve only had one ride, but I’m pretty chuffed with them!

GolfChick
    Free Member

Been running some superstar nanos for a year now and just replaced them. Only replaced them because the anodising is majorly gone so fancied a refresh. Still spin fine and no noise so Im sure they’d last another age.

Northwind

I didn’t like the nukeproof plastics at all, had a set on my commuter though. (this isn’t a “these pedals suck”, better riders than me like them). They were fine with my 5 10s but really didn’t want to play with my sombrios, never mind my trailbuilding steelies 😀

If in doubt, some sort of Nano- well priced, good grip, good performance. Maybe some things are better but they’re also stacks more expensive. If you prefer lighter, then wellgo mg1 is good too but it’s a smaller, fatter, less grippy pedal.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What flat pedals?’ is closed to new replies.