Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • What flat pedal shoes
  • smartay

So what are the prefered flat pedal shoes out there. I occasionaly ride in a pair of Vans No School, is there a big difference in the soles and is it noticable.
    How do the other brands rate, Etnies etc

jam-bo

5:10's. nothing else comes close.

Driller
    Free Member

Five Tens again. They're the Daddy. No, they're the Mac Daddy, in fact they're the Daddy of the Mac Daddy.

Get some NOW!

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

as above, no question.

darrell
    Free Member

as above

jam-bo

although they do make you look like you should have leg calipers…

peachos
    Free Member

they really can't have that much affect on your riding. old pair of etnies never let me down.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Unless you have tried 5:10's you wont believe the difference to a normal skate type shoe. Almost too grippy at times.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

they do make you look like you should have leg calipers

they really can't have that much affect on your riding

possibly but those weren't the questions.

nedrapier

Or just sent your current shoes to feetfirst and get them to slap the 5:10 rubber on the bottom.

new life from old trainers
    same grip as 5:10s without the sypathetic looks.

http://www.feetfirst.resoles.co.uk/cycling_mtb_shoe_repair.php

kiwijohn

5:10 Guides. Same grip but lighter & less clumpy.

zaskar
    Free Member

Shimano do some nice DX's which are dead cheap. I have 5-10's and the DXs.

I think for price the DX is great but the 5-10 is more £££ but you get what you pay for.

scruff
    Free Member

Just had some of the lime & white shimano AM40s. Grip much better than any skate shoes and only make you look stupid, rather than a 5-10 window licker.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

In all fairness i'd buy a shoe predominantly for its grip and technical advantages as opposed to its aesthetics. Its mountain biking not a fashion show – id rather keep my feet on the pedals when im riding DH than look good standing in the car park at the end of the day all broken because my feet came of the pedals going through a rock garden.

The fact that they are going to be going by any observer at 30mph and the shoes are more than likely covered in mud means nobody is going to know what they look like anyway.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

I got some shimano MP90s cheap from Merlin and they are ace. same sole as the AM40s but with the same low level of style as 5:10s

scruff
    Free Member

My MP90s stretche d alot and the outer delaminated. Gripped damn well though.

MrAgreeable

Those MP90s look like something my dad would wear for doing the garden.

5:10s are great but not a substitute for proper skillllzzzzzz.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

If 5:10's are a substitute for proper skillzzzz then are spd's a substitute for no skillzzzz?

Moses

I bought 5:10s a couple f weeks ago. They do make a difference.

MrAgreeable

Contrary to what Roger Daltrey would have you believe, nothing is a substitute for anything.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

i can cope with the mp90s not being the best quality and looking like garden shoes as they were £25. I would definitely consider the new AM40s though.

MrAgreeable

By the way, for everyone worried about how their shoes look, this is what the arbiters of such things consider to be "fashionable".

I'd stop worrying if I were you.

smartay

Ok then it seems that 5.10 are the prefered manufacturer, so which model, what price and where from?

kiwijohn

Guides

kiwijohn

Guides

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘What flat pedal shoes’ is closed to new replies.