Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What fitness tracker for the gym/spin class?
  • Trekster

MsT wants to count the calories etc during her gym sessions.
    Do any of the multitude of fitness trackers do the job?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Of course not, how would it gauge the effort involved? Calories aren’t relevant, its how well/badly your clothes fit that tell you how trim you are.

jkomo

Mio Fuse has wrist HRM. Bluetooth to phone and ANT+ to Garmin when on bike.
    They do a better looking one, but with no Ant+.
    Works fine. Looks a bit shit to wear after the gym though.
    I got one as I don’t like the chest strap:
    http://www.mioglobal.com/en-uk/Mio-FUSE-Heart-Rate-Activity-Tracker/Product.aspx

MSP

Bluetooth heart rate band and phone app is probably the best bet, though non of the apps I have tried really seem to understand that you just want to record a generic gym cross training session. Everything wants to tie you down to a single activity, ir treadmill or spinning etc.

riddoch

Some of the newer garmin have built in heart rate monitor, saves having to wear an extra strap. Something like the Vivosmart hr would give step tracking and then when in the gym would measure heart rate to give a calorie indication.

Trekster

Rob Hilton – Member
    Of course not, how would it gauge the effort involved? Calories aren’t relevant, its how well/badly your clothes fit that tell you how trim you are.

😆
    Part of the problem Rob! She can’t get trousers to fit over her calfs since starting spin classes!!
    Wee bit of history re MsT. When at school she would do anything to avoid/get out of doing PE.
    Now after 2 kids and being in her early 30s she has become a bit of a fitness freak!! Started walking to lose weight/de-stress(teacher)and gravitated to running, then gym and now cycling. Both her and her partner have lost significant amounts of weight and are so much healthier now than before the kids arrived. She has hit a plateau and is looking to supplement her calorie counting/diet regime with another “tool”

TiRed

Bluetooth Powercal pseudo power meter and HR monitor. I’ve run one for a couple of years now. Better than a plain HR monitor, not as good as a proper power meter.

Want to know home may Watts you need to errrr, no I won’t go there!

It’s not bad at all.

RobHilton
    Free Member

She can’t get trousers to fit over her calfs since starting spin classes!!

Culottes HTH :mrgreen:

I find switching to something totally different gives things a good boost as I seem to plateau with any kind of exercise – a switch from regular spinning to Insanity classes or something else high-energy might help.

Trekster

I find it really weird that the subject if conversation this morning was about her “sessioning” a hill on her run before any of us were up!!!! Never mind doing stuff like Insanity 😕
    I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised that both kids are pretty fit and active considering I participated in various sports when they were growing up, just that daughter showed no interest until after 2nd child was born 4yrs ago ❗ Stress relief and being overweight being the drivers…..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What fitness tracker for the gym/spin class?’ is closed to new replies.