Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • what fireworks display to go to in London?
  • lyons
    Free Member

As above really, which one will be good? I’m going with a few people who all live in north London, so would prefer north of the river …

Cheers

kimbers
    lyons
    Free Member

Anyone else?

stanfree
    Free Member

Jesus Kimbers I used to live in Muswell Hill and Ally pally fireworks were the best Ive ever seen. What a shame. 😡

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Find place with a view of lots of sky. Occupy said place. Open a few bottles of something. Watch the sky.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

I’m going to the Crystal Palace one, but first I need to find this bierhalle where they serve currywurst and buy some records at Rough Trade.

project
    Free Member

Those naughty fire people are on strike on the day the local councuils blatantly waste thousands of pounds of cash on burning tubes of explosives, for the sake of so called entertainment.

Best to take a fire blanket , snmoke alarm , helmet, and anything else you may need.

djglover
    Free Member

What Flash said, we watch all the displays from the loft, but then we do have 180 views across town 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

DJ, what part of town are you in? I’m in SW1, so rather well placed to see all the central London ones!

lyons
    Free Member

i think they want to go to an actual display, any that are better than others?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

any that are better than others?

Yep, watching the sky and seeing any that are in your field of vision is better than the others! 😉

amaan
    Free Member

The Victoria Park one is meant to be good, but it’s in East London, but not too far from the city.

http://www.victoriaparkvillage.com/firework-display-victoria-park.html

djglover
    Free Member

DJ, what part of town are you in?

Ealing, with a great big window facing east, I believe that its Diwali too on the same day so there should be tons of different displays to see

brakes
    Free Member

anyone been to Blackheath for the display? – thinking of going tomorrow

teef
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother – firework displays are always a disappointment. Why get cold and wet when you can go straight to the pub and that way you’ll get yourself a decent table before the hoards arrive.

RepacK
    Free Member

Find place with a view of lots of sky. Occupy said place. Open a few bottles of something. Watch the sky.

Ditto, I shall be sat on my balcony with some of this..

Nuts..

As for where, try TimeOut maybe?

grantway
    Free Member

Theres a free one at the Wansted Flats
    in East London

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘what fireworks display to go to in London?’ is closed to new replies.